Another Lemon

I'm having issues selecting a good air pump ..First I bought a whisper that I had to take back to big als cause it was so loud and exchanged it for an elite which now has a tear in the seal and will not pump air... Grrrr..I guess it's better to be air pumps than filters ..but it just peeves me off to have to drive all the way back to the city to exchange again :madrant I buy lemon after lemon ..the only good pump I have is an elite I got from my grandma and it is about 10 years old

i gotta admit that i no longer buy fish from wally world but i do buy supplies from there from time to time. i have gotten a few of the cheapy aquaculture 5-15 gal pumps for my 2 hospital tanks, plus others for my friends tropical tanks and they work great. pretty quiet for the most part, push alot of air. more than what i expected. not too happy with my whisper 100 on one of my main tanks, doesnt seem like it pushes enough air like its supposed to. might be going to the larger size ones from this brand, still a lil afraid though lol. but depending on what size tank you have and the distance that you are going to be pushin air, you might wanna give it a try.

My best airpump is a 13 year old Topfin. Suprisingly, the rubber seals are still good. And it still works like it is brand new. I had another topfin that quit after less than 6 months.

Edited by br553

I Love, love love,love,love my Rena air pumps! They are so quiet and work great. My mom even got one for the tropical tank in her classroom because they are so quiet. Mine have been running without a hitch for three years now.

I finally broke down a few years back and paid 50 bucks for my last air pump. Still use it and it works great. It is quite and I can adjust the air flow. It's a Coralife luft pump 120 volt 5 watts.

Might cost more now but worth ever cent since I have had mine for about 4 years now. I would buy one again if I needed a new one.

I finally broke down a few years back and paid 50 bucks for my last air pump. Still use it and it works great. It is quite and I can adjust the air flow. It's a Coralife luft pump 120 volt 5 watts.

Might cost more now but worth ever cent since I have had mine for about 4 years now. I would buy one again if I needed a new one.

I have the receit and could pay the difference ..I'll have to look into it ..my husband says "for crying out loud if it's not the fish it 's the equipment !!" :rolleyes: ..oh well if it wasn't a hobby these things would not happen :exactly

my whisper works great and is quite and my elite works well too except its loud. The ones that work great for me r the double output petcetera airpump (this one is LOUD, sounds like a freight train yet i still sleep with it in my room lol, the smaller petcetera airpumps arent so great, one broke and they do not have a warranty which is the bad part) I also got the cheapest one i could find (this one was only $30 i think compared to the $70-150 airpumps that r rated for the same size tank, mine is 60-100 gallons) for my 125 gallon and its been going good. I havent used other kinds other than loud ones that come with tanks, the whisper is my fave though