Baby Corydoras!

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

Thoughtsofjoy, I like your little fishie in that picture... Ziggy. LOL.

Edited by Nemo & Cynthia

Thoughtsofjoy, I like your little fishie in that picture... Ziggy. LOL.

He is adorable, yeah? Unfortunately I can't claim him as my own-- he's Imber's adorable pouty fish. Perfect expression for the sentiment though.

Thank you everyone! Well I am sad to report that I have lost another fry. I found him this morning. But...I am hopeful that the remaining 12 will continue to thrive.

On a side note, I think the adults are spawning again. :blink: Seems to be a favorite thing for them to do after a rather large water change. See? Just goes to show you: clean water = happy fish!! :tomuch::P Thank goodness for that Qt I have...guess I should rename it nursery tank huh! I have a hunch I find eggs before the day is over. :krazy:

:ignore Shh don't say that! :rofl I'd go broke paying the water and electric bills. Nah, I am gonna go to an lfs and see about selling some of them once they are big enough. And a friend at work may take a couple too. But I'm sure I'll keep a couple too!

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

Aww..... too bad you don't have well water. It is free and chlorine-free!!!!! As for electricity, well.... I agree. I would go broke too.

S'okay...my little aqua babies are worth every penny. :idea Those cories keep spawning like they have been, I may be able to make a little money selling fry. That is, if I can part with them all. ;)

Your babies are precious!!! I didn't know bronze cories were spotted in their juvenile stage. Sure wish mine would spawn but I only have 3 bronzes and am not sure if they are all boys or all girls anyway! :P

Thanks Kristi! Yah I didn't know they were spotted either. If you can get a good look at their pectoral fins, you should be able to tell which is male or female. The female's pectoral fins are more rounded, whereas the male's are more pointy. Hope this helps! :)

Goldyfan, is that true for all types of corys, or just the bronzes?

Liz are you referring to the fin shape? I think it's true for all cories. I learned it after researching some web sites when they first spawned. Of course, when they are resting it's hard to get a good look at their pectoral fins. Also in most cories the female will be 'fatter' looking in the abdomen, and generally a bit bigger than the males. :)

:thud I spotted 27 more eggs last night on a plant leaf. Holy carp! I think it's time to call the lfs and ask her if she's interested huh! Nice to know my cories are happy but man... :rolleyes:

On a side note, the fry are doing well. I will try to post more pics later today.