Female Guppy Having Problems

Ok well i got this female out of a feeder tank at the pet shop she is a full grown guppy. She is fat and thats the reason i got her i thought she was fat with fry. Well i am right she does have fry cause i found 1 little baby in the small tank i have her in. BUT heres the problem only 1 baby and she has this small blood spot on her side of her belly, i put a little med in the water to keep it ok. she is still very fat so i know she still has fry in her. but is that normal for 1 fry to come out and thats it?

Well for live bearers, guppies especially, when they are close to giving birth they have a spot on the side of their bellies called a gravid spot. This shows that the guppy will have babies soon. As for the one baby, it may be the 1st time the females had fry, so it might take time for the rest of the babies to be born. Also the gravid spot can be different colors, depending on the guppies pigment, if its lighter more albinoish, it may be pinkish, and it is usaully dark gray to black other times.

its a black spot. I knew she was full of fry thats why i bought her from the feeder tank. She only cost me .07 so not very much lol. well i'll just keep a eye on her. i see one more baby in the tank. so there are 2 now.