Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

I Found A Cute Goldie Toy!

My hubby was picking up some things at Home Depot (so I was bored silly) and I wandered off. I bought what I hoped to be a good goldie toy. It is a big PVC pipe corner piece. I thought maybe they would swim through it and they do!! It was hard to catch them in the act, mostly because they always think FOOD when I get near the tank. But I finally got some cute shots!

Goldfish-misc-010.jpg

Goldfish-misc-024.jpg

Goldfish-misc-011.jpg

Goldfish-misc-019.jpg

HA! Pretty fish!!!

I think I have used PVC pipes for "Alternative Uses" almost as much as I have used it for plumbing! They are great for cavies!

Oooh, I like that!! I'd need a 6" inner diameter for my biggest fish or else she'd probably get stuck.

We were just looking at those types of fittings yesterday while we were getting parts for our homemade canister filter. Maybe I can talk A Penguin into getting one!!

AWWW thta is cute :heart ....for a minute I thought you said you found a goldie at Home Depot .. :blink: ...I was thinking my goodness I can get a fish just about anywhere!!!!.now I won't even be allowed in home depot ....sheesh.. :D

Thanks guys! I am gonna get some others & try 'em out too!

That fish is Hesshey! Remember Sorsha's post 'Diary of a fry" Hershey is one of the babies I got from that batch!!! His fins have turned out so pretty. They look like a paint brush was used to streak the color on!

I don't even have to go to HD for that - I have plenty of those laying around. STrange, never thought of them as toy, but yes. It'll add on to their "playground" quite a bit. :D

huh, now if i went out and bought something for just that reason they'd never use it, so i just make rock caves large enough for them to swim through, if they use it great, if not it's not like i paid for anything.

How funny!! I bought one for the rat but he never even touches it. I should put it in my tank!

Earlier I noticed Hershey just kinda hanging out in it! I may get another one!

aww thats so cute!

I put mine in yesterday and they seem to be afraid of it! They're playing "let's avoid the PVC pipe!"

I put mine in yesterday and they seem to be afraid of it! They're playing "let's avoid the PVC pipe!"

It's funny with goldfish, isn't it? You put something in there that's big enough for them, and they shy from it. But if you put in an ornament that you think is IMPOSSIBLY SMALL, they somehow find a way to get themselves stuck!

Oh thats really cool.

To bad its not see trough so you could watch them ponder the tunnel.

Just leave it in there, their curiosity will get the best of them! I didn't see them get in it right away. Then I started to noticed stray gravel IN the tube! (I knew they were giving in!) No there seems to be one of them hanging in there OR at least one or two passing thru all the time!