I Feel So Bad

I've been home with a virus for the past 5 days and neglected my tanks. They were starting to look a little funky so when I felt better I decided to do a water change on my big tank and a complete tank change for my goldie babies.

Oh I managed to find someone that took all 30 of my Platies too. She has a 70gal HUGE live bearer aquarium that they are going to settle into nicely. I managed to miss two of my babies in the tank but thats ok. They are the same size as my goldie babies they can co exist till the platies are big enough for my friends fish pond.

Back to the water change.

I cleaned out my 20gallon and put new water in it, rinsed out the filter in the old tank water with all the good bacteria in it and floated my babies for the transfer into the bigger tank. I have 4 baby goldies by the way so a 20gallon will be ok for them for a little bit.

I forgot to add water conditioner... remembered in the big tank, forgot in the baby... *Slapforhead* :krazy:

They were all bottom sitting when I noticed and remembered, I added the conditioner and they seemed to be doing ok. The next morning 3 of them were stuck to the filter, 2 dead. I managed to gently get the survivor off the filter and get her into a breeding net. She floated and struggled. Today she is doing much better, not bottom sitting anymore and is swimming a bit normal. My male platy that I had died this morning.

So the only two that survived my idiocy was my biggest baby Goldie and the tiniest baby Platy. The goldie in the breeder net is still on the edge of the sword.

I feel so awful, I had never done that before.

must be awful for you :( ...I have been ill too..sorry to hear your sick ...unfortanatly these things happen ..don't beat yourself up too much.....I almost forget somtimes even when I'm not sick soo my prime never gets put away It is always there infront of the tank always being seen... it seems to help me not forget ...feel better soon ..and no koko stick ...because accidents happen just a koko hug :k055::hug

Sorry to hear about your fish. Accidents happen, don't feel too bad we have all made that mistake at least once. :cry1 I hope you feel better soon.