Dying Slowly

I did try it yesterday still no bite .. :( ..I have the salt at 0.2 ...was going to wait till tonigt to bring it to 0.3 ...I'm starting to wonder if it has progressed to the point of no return ...I even tried baby brine shrimp...I put him a bowl with it even though it is microscopic to them and hoped smelling it and entice his appetiet ..or even accidently eating some by breathing it in ...I know it's a long shot ..but all I have

I should keep the salt at 0.2%. No more. 0.3% can be very strong just like a water medication can be for a very weak fish.

Perfect water with that and you are doing what you can I think. I am always amazed how fish can suddenly bounce back. Don't give up. Keep tempting him with foods like the shrimp just as you are doing :exactly

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry about Philip (even if he does have the same name as my hubby...)

I hope his eye is what was causing his troubles, and all will be well soon. We all know what a helpless feeling it is when you just don't know what's wrong, and of course they can't tell you where it hurts. :(

And don't think for a second that you jinxed him. I know you know that.. but you probably think about it still. :hug

Keep us posted... not that we have to tell you. I know you will. :heart

Debbie

Yikes Hi-d - I only just caught up. How horrible about his eye.

I'm wondering if there is any way you could force feed him? If he is weak he won't be hard to catch and you could try dropping a pellet into his open mouth. If you let him get used to your hand in the tank for a while, he won't be so stressed when you grasp him - I hope Trinket agrees and doesn't think this would overstress him.

thanks guys ..I just tried to force feed him ..he was pretty calm ..but stubborn like a 2 year old child!! almost like he would perse his lips if he had arms I'm sure he would of crossed them to...he hasn't declinded ant further though ..which is good ..so I'll keep as I am and hope for the best ..if anything different should arise I'll be sure to post..thanks for the support guys!!!!! :)

thanks guys ..I just tried to force feed him ..he was pretty calm ..but stubborn like a 2 year old child!! almost like he would perse his lips if he had arms I'm sure he would of crossed them to...he hasn't declinded ant further though ..which is good ..so I'll keep as I am and hope for the best ..if anything different should arise I'll be sure to post..thanks for the support guys!!!!! :)

oops wouldn't let me edit just wanted to let Trinket know that I'll keep it at 0.2(salt)

Heidi,

I have just come back to the site after a while away........... seemed to me last time I was here you had just gotten the celestials! Iwas so sad to learn one was ill and then to read Phillip lost his eye!! OMG, what horror!!!!!!!

:heart:heart:heart I hope he pulls through, and makes a great recovery!! My thoughts are with you!!!!!! :heart:heart:heart

Edited by zookey

to let Trinket know that I'll keep it at 0.2(salt)

Okeeydokeey hun :)

We are all rooting for little Philip :heart

..he was pretty calm ..but stubborn like a 2 year old child!! almost like he would perse his lips if he had arms I'm sure he would of crossed them to

:D I've had fish do this as well, they are like our kids hey?

Oh Sweety.. :cry1 I'm so sorry. It hurts so much, I know. :k055: You did all that you could for him. It's so hard when they really show no symptoms.

He had a good life with you, Hun. I know that you haven't had them long, but I know you gave him a lifetime of love. More so than he would have gotten elsewhere.

He's at peace now - with two good eyes, playful and full! He knows how much you love him - and will always love him. :heart

Rest in Peace, Philip :rip:

Feel better soon, Hun :hug

Debbie

I am so sorry Heidi :cry1 In case I miss the obituary thread just want to say you did do all you possibly could to make him comfortable at the end. You did well. This one came to you already troubled inside.

He's at peace now :hug sweet Philip :heart