Sign in to follow this  
Fish_Fanatic

Missing Fishy

So I haven't been home in a few days. And I went to check on my goldies when i got home today. turns out, i cant find my celestial Sherlock anywhere!! I checked EVERYWHERE and cant find him.

So i got thinking.... my brother and i got in a fight the day before i went to my friends house. I thought i heard him sneak into my room, so i went to check but everything seemed normal. i didnt check my tanks or anything... so now, im really really hoping that my brother didn't take sherlock or something. but i cant find out until tomorrow night cuz he is sleeping and then leaving for school early. uh oh.... :unsure::cry1

oh no!!! :( that is very mean if that is the case....can you sneak into his room ????!!! poor little sherlock .I hope things turn out ok...

Omigosh! What a horrible thing for your brother to do! (If that is the case.) Pranks are pranks, but these are your PETS!

I hope Sherlock is alright. :(

NOOOOO!!!! If your brother did take sherlock that is like that is like the worst thing to take out of anything in your room!

Oh no :(

I hope the little guy turns up!

oh no! I hope u find him!

Pranks are pranks, but these are your PETS!

i most definatly agree!

We have had a number of "missing fish" reports over the years. In many of these cases, the fish did turn up (not always happily) in strange places - and not because of obnoxious brothers.

Do you have any sort of deco in your tank? Even if you are ABSOLUTELY SURE that no fish could ever get into your deco, take it out and examine it anyway. Fish have a way of smashing themselves into the most ridiculous places - even ones that are so tiny you would NEVER think to look there.

What about in the intake tube of your filter? Is there a grate over it? There was one fellow, once, who finally found his fish - it had gone up the intake tube and become stuck halfway up.

What about on the floor around the tank? Could the fish have jumped out? Even if you have the smallest of openings at the back, a fish can still, sometimes, jump out of the tank. A dried fish is much smaller than it was when living - and can be hard for some to spot.

Is there any chance that the fish could have died and the other fish could have eaten it?

I am really sorry for your little Sherlock. I hope he turns up well very soon.

:(

I checked in all my ornaments; I even took out all the silk plants to see if he was under the leaves. Checked everywhere in my filter. And all around the tank.

My brother said he didn't do it... but I still have a hard time believing him.

And I suppose he COULD have died and been eaten... but I was only gone for about 4 days and he was perfectly healthy when i left....

Hmmm..... what a mystery!

Oh that's awful news. I hope you find him; and I hope you find him alive and well.

You should get your parents to intervene and find out if your brother did take Sherlock. Poor baby!

i really hope u find him soon! But if he was eaten wouldnt there still b the skeleton?

A skeleton. No. Pieces.... possibly.

That is so sad. :cry1 I hope he turns up.

:(

Guest TheBubbleQueen

oh no!! :(

any luck finding sherlock yet? i hope you find him soon! Brothers can be a pain in the butt, but hopefully he's been honest with you.. good luck Fish_fanatic!

I had a female betta missing. We figured she jumped out towards my male betta and landed on the floor, then my dog came along and ate her. It was really sad :cry

But I dont really think a celestial couold jump with those big eyes. But you never know.

I hope you can find Sherlock :goodluck

SwimmingGoldie

SwimmingGoldie, i think that could have happened to Sherlock. Although my door should have been shut the whole time I was gone, so i dont know when my dog could have gotten in there. And i agree, it would have been really hard for him to jump.

But if that didnt happen, i think my snail may have had something to do with his disappearance. The snail hasn't been acting himself for the past few days...

*sigh*

i'm still hoping i'll find him just swimming along his merry way soon. but, i really doubt ill ever find him... :cry1

Oh, what a sad tale! I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost him, whether it was the snail, the dog, or the brother. RIP Sherlock. :(

That is really sad. I've had small tropiicals dissapear before, but never goldies. I hope you solve this mystery :(

I have to say he had a fitting name that Sherlock :unsure:

I too hope he comes home or the mystery is solved.