Sign in to follow this  
pumpkinPatch

Goldfish Care Tutorial On Youtube

let the bashing begin... LOL, just kidding. But I can already imagine what some of you are gonna say about this video... :D

It was not to bad, the only places that the messed up on was the size of the tank and that you should change the filter pads once a month.

GET A TANK OR BOWL??? what's with the using the net thing?? she could have at least said to be carefull when using the net and why is she telling people to use such a small net.?also,?in?a?tank?that?small?WITH 2 GOLDFISH FISH how?could?you?go?a?WHOLE?week?with?between?water?

changes? how big do you think that tank was?and why did she even make that video? she should have just posted a link to THIS site. lol

Guest iaedyene

Bah! I keep trying to post a comment to that video but it won't let me or isn't showing up. I was surprised how much food she had floating up there in her tank. Maybe they will eat that all in 3-5 min but man it looked like a lot to me. Aside from the already mentioned, fishbowl and net problems.

Im sure she meant well though, she's just misinformed about the proper care a goldfish needs. Perhaps one of us should make a reply video on the "correct" way to take care of a goldfish. Volunteers anyone?

That tank had to be tiny. Before I knew any better I had 2 small Oranda in a 5 gallon and they had much more swimming space than those fish look to have. I'm sure she had good intentions. I never knew how difficult goldfish keeping was until my first problem led me to kokos.

Guest Fish Food
That tank had to be tiny. Before I knew any better I had 2 small Oranda in a 5 gallon and they had much more swimming space than those fish look to have. I'm sure she had good intentions. I never knew how difficult goldfish keeping was until my first problem led me to kokos.

It looks a lot like the 5G I've got in my bathroom. (Not for Goldies of course. :P ) Same color and everything. Lol! I think they're just bigger. :/ So they have less room to move.

I'm waiting for my comment to post. I think she had good intentions but she's misinfomed about their care.

I think it was a good effort but........................

There is alot of problems.

1. tank size for those fish.

2. the filter for those fish are way to small.

3. Changing the water and filter pad should be more often.

4. To much food added to the tank, this will spoil the water very fast.

5. Should have also talked about water quality, the ammonia, nitrites and letting people know about cycling. This is a big issue with goldfish.

So just saying that I think it was a good effort but I can see were people will get mis informed about goldfish :(

This reminds me of when I got my first ever aquarium...it was a 5 gallon hexagon. On the box and the little booklet, the picture had like 5 goldfish in the tank.... :(

Thats really sad someone should make an accurate video and post it on youtube.

oh i have seen that video goldfish are not easy I learned that and I will do better with my next fish

The nice thing was that I didn't read even ONE comment on there that said anything good about the video. Every poster said that this was bad advice in one way or another, so there's hope....