Sign in to follow this  
Blondhairboi

Update On Pond

This is my almost year old 900 gallon pond with new filter system in top right( plus new uv in top left) and two baby koi that are not visible in photos because of cellular camera. The two koi overwintered in the pond and went from 3 to 5 inches. One is a platinum ogon and the other is an orengi ogon. Ponds temp just dropped from 50 to 45 over weekend so hopefully it will reach about 52-54 soon for the new babies.

f_updatem_6e33027.jpg

My new longfin Orengi Ogon awaiting warmer pond temps

f_fishiiii1m_2d1a4b7.jpg

My new little mutt that comes with a story but anyways he is awaiting warmer pond temps to(developing some interesting patterns)

f_fishiiii2m_e53fba6.jpg

Edited by Blondhairboi

That's a very nice pond!! I love the large rocks around it! :exactly

Your fish are cuties!! It's funny that they're in the same spot in the pictures. Like you said "Okay, your turn - over here by the blue plant!" :D You have trained them well!! :rofl

Debbie

lol thank you... it is pretty funny how they both were in the same spot... Never noticed that. By the way the pond is stirred up because I was mopping off the sides to get some string algae off, as most ponders know that is the toughest to control lol

Good looking pond! And pretty fish too.

Nice that they grew so much over winter. I wonder how fast they will grow when things warm up?!

Really nice pond. I will have one if we ever get around to digging it. :pond

Addorable Fish :wub:

nice little pond!! Do be careful on your stocking..you are at about max!!

Yes I am aware of that... I originally was only going to keep 3 in there but the new butterfly tempted me and well yea I gotta feeling you know what I mean.

Your pond looks great! I love DIY filters: you should write about it.

its a fairly simple filter but if you want I can do it... Not better than a 55 gal barrel filter but if you want something smaller like this 18gallon one than just tell me through this topic. It handles about 600-700 gallons which is why I added it to a submersible filter that handles 400 gallons.

I'm about to dig out about a 600 gallon pond, and I'd love to hear how you set up your filter.

Please write about it! :)

Alright will do and this thread that will be up shortly will probably be put in the thread for koi and pond not photos

900 gallon pond? Man I am jealous... must be so much fun to stock such a large pond

man i want a pond! would it be too hot in FL to have a pond?

Wow, this is an old thread!

Jamie, I'm in Houston and have a 300 gallon pond. The pond got to 90 degrees this summer, even though we had almost a month of 100+ temps this year. I have lots of water flow, which keeps it from getting too hot. On the other hand, after a cold front blew through last night, it's down to 65. The bigger, and deeper your pond is, the less drastic temperature changed you'll have, but a pond in FL should certainly be possible.