Sign in to follow this  
kevinmj_3

How Do You Find Out How Big Your Fish Is.

My fish is now 9 months and 2 weeks old first fish i think im doing great.

Anyway when i got my fish back in Wednesday 25th July 07 according to the sizes on the fish tanks in the pet shop they were only 2 to 3 inches long.Now that i have had it for 9 months i'am curies to know what size my goldfish is now.Cause i have seen it every day for the full 9 months and 2 weeks its hard to see how much my fish has growing.There is one change i have noticed his tail has got alot bigger.

Anyway so how do you measure your fish ?

There is no set way (that I can think of) to measure a fish. I have used before and after pics to compare sizes and I also have a "beware of attack goldfish" sign that is 12 inches long that I use for size comparison.

good use for a small tank!

In koi we use blue bowls to view fish. They show up better and photograph better on the blue background (so do goldies!) I just bought a couple of blue rectangular tubs for the koi. I will buy a ruler of some kind and silicone it to the side of this rectangular tank. Same idea as the small rectangular fish tank, it encourages the fish to stay perpendicular to the lines so it's easier to get an idea on size.