Sign in to follow this  
endangeredlovex0x

The Goldfish Bug....

Recently, i've gotten both my tanks under controll.

everything is stable.

Chutney is all nice and healed and eating.

Leo Buckets and Charlie are goofy as ever.

but when Chutney is moved out of the 10 gallon to the 'mansion'...

>>the ten gallon will be empty once more :o

>>>ironically enough, i've recently become OBSESSED with the oh so adorable breed that is the bubble-eye.

SO CUTE. :heart

i've done my research

and am confident that one of them would be happy in the cushy ten gallon for a long wile...

and if they outgrew it, i'd be more than equiped to upgrade :D

new fish fever.

oh boy.

oh boy.

oh boy.

:heart

Ohhhh noes!!! Be careful though... it's always nice to have a spare tank if something happens, like a sudden disease (or a sudden spawn!)

A 10g tank is too small for ONE gold fish regardless what other people say. This is how I feel. I believe 10g for one GF rule applies to cases where people try to hold multiple fishs in a larger tank (20G and on).

Just look at the dimensions of a 10G, the fish just doesn't have room to swimming around. It's a torture for the fish to live in a such confined space. Likewise, the criminals live in a small jail cell as a punishment. They won't die, but it's going to be a really really bad experience/life.

I have a 4.5" lionhead in my 20g and the fish kept bumping into walls after only a few strokes. I think a 20g is too small for my fish already. Do u c my point?

I think a 10 g would be fine to start in ..bubble eyes ecspecially ..since they have a disadvantage .of finding food and such..they may feel more secure in a 10 ..then if you see it's out growing the 10 then that would be for you to decide to upgrade .a bubble in a10 in my opinion would be fine but I see 32bit's point I think for some fish a 10 looks like a tight fit.. :)

I tend to agree with you 32bit but remember that Callie was talking about a bubble-eye. They are slow swimmers and typically don't "take up" as much room as a powerful swimmer like a lionhead, fantail, or oranda. Bubble-eyes tend to stay a lot smaller, as well, giving it plenty of room to swim around.

I don't think that your 10gallon-prison cell analogy is very applicable. True if you're talking about 1 gallon BOWLS, but a bit extreme when we're talking about a 10 gallon tank. Callie takes wonderful care of her fish and I'm sure that a bubble-eye in a 10 gallon would live a very healthy, happy, long life with her.

Good luck in your hunt for a bubble-eye Callie :goodluck I don't think I'd be able to find one too sharpish where I live, I mean, think of all the time I had to wait before I came across some orandas!!

What other fish could you keep comfortably in a 10 gallon guys?

Alright, I c wut u guys saying.. I've never had a bubble eyes, so maybe it can be kept in a 10g.

Alright, I c wut u guys saying.. I've never had a bubble eyes, so maybe it can be kept in a 10g.

thats ok vince you bring up some good points ..the new ranchu I have looks HUGE in a 10 that she is in right now for Q. she is not very mobile because I feel by the time she gets up and going her airstrip is cut off by a glass wall..LOL..as soon as she is good I'm gonna try her in the 55 and I'm sure she will have all the room to take off...hopefully

thanks guys :D

>>i'm officially on the lookout for a bubble eye

>>>32bit_fish has a lot of good points, and i would certainly under no cercumstance keep a large goldfish in a ten gallon aquarium. But, like the others pointed out, bubble eyes are supposidly smaller than other varieties....and adorable. :wub:

I tend to agree with you 32bit but remember that Callie was talking about a bubble-eye. They are slow swimmers and typically don't "take up" as much room as a powerful swimmer like a lionhead, fantail, or oranda. Bubble-eyes tend to stay a lot smaller, as well, giving it plenty of room to swim around.

I don't think that your 10gallon-prison cell analogy is very applicable. True if you're talking about 1 gallon BOWLS, but a bit extreme when we're talking about a 10 gallon tank. Callie takes wonderful care of her fish and I'm sure that a bubble-eye in a 10 gallon would live a very healthy, happy, long life with her.

aw shucks. :blush:

Where are you from? If you're in the Bay Area, CA I know of a few GREAT places to get some bubble-eyes.

OT - Your Dragon Moor (signature) is GORGEOUS! Looks almost exactly like my Smooches. Where did you find yours? And curiously enough, what was she labeled as?

Where are you from? If you're in the Bay Area, CA I know of a few GREAT places to get some bubble-eyes.

OT - Your Dragon Moor (signature) is GORGEOUS! Looks almost exactly like my Smooches. Where did you find yours? And curiously enough, what was she labeled as?

i'm from north jersey.

:rolleyes:

i got my darling buckets at my lfs.

in the ever ever popular 'assorted fancy goldfish' tank.

I have to so, she certainly was a diamond in the rough.

luckily, the 'assorted fancy goldfish tank' is often home to some exquisite finds.

and i'm certain that when i find a bubble eye that catches my eye i'll be quick in purchasing it.

:D

If you have a chance to come to NYC, Pacific has a lot of bubble eyes.

Pacific?

I don't think i've ever been to that one :D

what part of the city is it in?

>>usually when i'm in Manhatten i'm terribly dissapointed w/ the selection of goldies.

I believe you will like this one

http://www.pacificaquarium.com/

!!!!!!!

thanks for pointing that

one out to me

:heart

I'm deff. gonna check it out

the next time i'm in the city.

>>i'm so excited!!!

(i wonder if you're allowed to bring fish on

the train :blink: ...i'll figure it out :P )

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCHHHHH :D

I always use train(nyc subway) to bring fish home from Pacific. Just tell them to pack well for your journey.

yes, the goldfish bug LOL! i know how you feel LOL ;) best of luck finding your new bubble eye! :D

I always use train(nyc subway) to bring fish home from Pacific. Just tell them to pack well for your journey.

will do.

>>thanks again :D

yes, the goldfish bug LOL! i know how you feel LOL ;) best of luck finding your new bubble eye! :D

thankies :D