Well I Guess My Betta Might Die

Kagome100

Well dont know if any one remembers me but i aksed a few weeks back about a sick betta with a hole on top of him forming with white stuff, well the hole was healing very good it was almost fully gone, but now he has a new problem he got Dropsy yep.. Im going to try the salt and try to save him... I know i might lose him i dont want to but hes a real fighter so im going to try.

wish me lots of luck.

Aw! I'm sorry to hear that Kagome, the salt should help him. Maybe, depending on how big of a tank you have, you can give him a heater and see if that helps with his stress. It's best to keep any tank lights off as well and move his tank from direct sunlight or a window; the darker the tank the more calm he will be.

yep the salt did help i soaked him for 15 mins than took him out and put him in another tank with air flow and a heater to turn the heat up to 84F and putting "betta fix" stuff in the water for his problem thats on his back. well the bloating went down but his scals are still sticking out some. HE ate today for the first time in a week.

Glad to hear he's starting to eat! That's a good step in the road to recovery. Too double boost his immune system you could feed him some live foods such as: blood worms, tubifex worms, brine shrimp. If live isn't available frozen works wonders as well. These types of food are very high in proteins and might perk him up a bit.