Big Beautiful Lionhead ..

ok guys I went to pick up some fishfood and a fellow had dropped off this big beautiful fish because they had little time ...well I could NOT leave this beautiful girl behind ..I left first without her ..then my hubby knew it was bugging me so he turned the car around we knew she was special and someone loved her dearly and the lfs said the guy had a hard time parting with her ..and I wanted to be sure she gets the care that is needed ..I have a few questions ..first I am not a 100% sure if she is a lionhead or ranchu ?..2nd she is a LARGE fish I had to use 2 hands to lift her into the tank and my hubby is concerned that she swims along the bottom but I'm not sure if that is due to her size ..she also tips over when trying to corner and I have to help her back up as she is soo big and has a hard time ..is this to be concerned about ?and she has a sore on the bottom of her from scooting on the gravel at the lfs which I'm salting for so I am hoping with barebottom this will help and extra waterchanges ..she is already a bit more active than she was at the lfs and she ate a pea..I know she is a girl cause her vent sticks out and at her size it is noticable ..so here are some pics

post-14812-1208198344_thumb.jpg

Oh, so cute!!! Your fish looks just like the "potato-sized ranchu" for sale on Goldfish Connection for $325!

Look:

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_104_13.JPG

What's her name?

I am sure that you will be just the loving home this fish's last owner was hoping for.

Oh, so cute!!! Your fish looks just like the "potato-sized ranchu" for sale on Goldfish Connection for $325!

Look:

http://www.goldfishconnection.com/uploads/.../AUC_104_13.JPG

What's her name?

I am sure that you will be just the loving home this fish's last owner was hoping for.

thanks acupunk !!! I sure hope soo!!..that is a cute fish in the link ..sigh..I could bring them all home :heart

She's awesome! Will she fit in your tank or do you have to set up a new one just for her?

LOL.....I have her in a 10 she seems content in it .I think she has a hard time seeing due to her wen growth ..I not sure if she will get the right amount of food if I housed her with the others ..I could house her with the celestials ..she might squish them though!!..

wow, that is one pudgy fishy! She's gorgeous! Did you think about her being full of eggs? That is one round belly and might explain her sluggishness. Prehaps upping the tank temp a bit with a good water change and see if she won't drop some eggs.

Both edits for spelling.

Edited by Maceo

wow, that is one pudgy fishy! She's gorgeous! Did you think about her being full of eggs? That is one round belly and might explain her sluggishness. Prehaps upping the tank temp a bit with a good water change and see if she won't drop some eggs.

Both edits for spelling.

:teehee I wonderd... my other female was sluggish before dropping a gazillion of them .

..LOL...she is doing well she has definatly picked up the pace a bit she still gets stuck on her side from time to time but is managing to get herself up ..there is no clamped fins but I suspect a bit of flashing and that is how she tips herself ...I'll get her fixed up in no time :) ...

Heidi, what a great chance to get a beautiful fish like that! She is a beauty, and I would have turned around as well! :happydance I am glad you took her - you never know what inexperienced fish keeper would have gotten her, and the poor thing wouldn't have made it. She is a whopper! How big is she?

Heidi, what a great chance to get a beautiful fish like that! She is a beauty, and I would have turned around as well! :happydance I am glad you took her - you never know what inexperienced fish keeper would have gotten her, and the poor thing wouldn't have made it. She is a whopper! How big is she?

thanks Andrea...I was soo worried that would happen ...I found her in a store called ruffin's a small pet chain ..her sore on her belly is already going away ..i think it was due to the gravel she sat on all week at the pet store ..I think the person prior took care of her..and the problems may have started at the pet store ...she is 6.5 inches in length and a little more then 3 inches in depth ....she is sooo big in my 10 g ... :D ..the petstore owner kind of knows I'm lionhead and ranchu fanatic..and he was very glad that I grabbed her ...I also tested their water because I wanted to see what she sat in all week..I was amazed that it was pretty good ..so thumbs up to the store .