Sexual Harrasment In The Tank!

Manktank

So this morning I'm watching the fishies and I notice that my chocolate oranda, is getting harrassed by the other fish, especially my small blue... I have a Lemonhead who shows breeding stars and a black moor that also shows stars, but thats all... the blue is so small I wouldn't have thought him mature enough!

Poor Chocolate hasn't had any peace all day... they all chase her all over, and generally mither and bother her (I assume it's a she!)

The thing is my tank hasn't cycled yet...I'd have thought they wouldn't attempt to breed in fluctuating conditions...would they?

What should I be doing for them...

Is all the attention likely to stress the chocolate, and given that the shops are closed, what can I do for "her"... I don't have a quarantine tank; I just haven't got the room...

I think goldfish will spawn on thier time ..lol...as for your girl ..if they are really bothering her you can buy a tank divider and put it in when the lfs opens as of now if you have a large rubbermaid tub and an airstone you could use that for a few hours or so..if you have an extra filter you could just leave her there for a while ..watch your water parameters they will spike during spwaning ecspecially if she drops eggs ......good luck .. :D

Thanks, I think I'm going to need more than luck!

Right now, having finished the water change and cleaned everything they don't seem so interested in her... but I'll keep my eye on her certainly.

This might be a really dim question... but what do the eggs look like and where are they likely to be dropped... in the gravel, hidden away, clinging to the decor??? I gather each Momma fish is different but they must have preferences...

I suppose it only confirms Spring is here!

spring is here for sure!!!!! eggs look like little round clear or white spheres and will be laid EVERYWHERE....the fish will eat them ..so you may want to move them out if you want fry or let them snack it won't hurt them ...but 75% water change is called for after she drops eggs ..she may do it once or a couple times ...or a couple times a week or more ..depends how many eggs she has in her .if the male is fertilizing them they will be hard to get off any surface because they become very sticky..and clear ..usually the white eggs are the ones that are not fertilized There is a lot of amazing threads here about breeding ..and how to raise fry...you might need it :rofl