Snail Antics

Goldyfan

I thought I would share some pics of my snails doing what they do best....being cute of course!

Here they are enjoying a favorite meal, bell pepper.

post-9980-1208019879_thumb.jpg

Peekaboo! Can you see me?

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/Crit.../PeekaBoo-1.jpg

"Mom, I love the calcium pill you gave us!! Uhm, is there anything on my face??"

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/Crit...calciumpill.jpg

:heart Enjoy! :D

Thanks Heidi! The only tankmates they have are two african dwarf frogs. That way I know everyone gets their fair share of food, without becoming a meal themselves. :D

Chrissy there are so many foods they enjoy. Did you see the link to the food list I posted in another topic? If not I can post it here for you. :) Yep red and yellow bell peppers are a fave food of theirs. I just boil it a while until really soft...by the morning, there's nothing but the skin left.

Hi FC! I just buy calcium tablets in the vitamin section of the pharmacy....like Caltrate or even a generic brand. It slowly dissolves into the water, and they like to munch on it too. It's a little messy, but they enjoy it. :bingo:

Yeah they sure are Dan! They crack me up sometimes. Especially when they freefall in the bubbles. :D

Jeana my snail population is now down to eight...how many do you have? I plan on letting another clutch develop later this year probly, when I have more room for them. I love watching them develop from hatching....it is so neat! Those snails in the pics hatched October of last year. They grow up so fast! :heart

They are so cute!! I especially love the blues/blacks like those. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I haven't seen any apples around here in awhile. I had posted last year about a ban on apple snails. Are you guys having any trouble finding them? (Although it sounds like you just breed your own, LOL!)

I remember you writing about the ban. Last October before they hatched, I went to my lfs and asked them if they would buy some babies. They said yes. Right after they were born, I went back in and asked again and they said no; the ban had been put into effect. It's funny...all the lfs around here have lots of them for sale! So, I plan on breeding mine when I want more juvies. Hopefully again this fall! Whew...sorry for rambling. :rolleyes:

Wow I'm jealous so far mine (brigs) have not produced! The Rams do fine! I often find many baby Rams......some in the filters!! I often see the Brigs...uummm "workin' at it"....but so far no babies! I wish they WOULD!! I WANT some lil' blue babies!!!