Some Pics Of My New Patio Pond

taksan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taksan... where did you buy your laguna pond tub thing?

i went to the website, but it has you look for stores that sell their products.

then i went to the nearby stores that "sold their products" but they are only the filters and such. :)

hehe so i am just curious. :D

Got it from my local Aquarium shop they sell Laguna products and they just ordered it in for me ..took about a week.

But your in the USA ...and it the USA lives Aquatico ... and at Aquatico we have much cooler ponds then mine ...bigger, stronger and with ...WINDOWS.

I would KILL for one of these ..... 8' x 4' x 3' and 632 gallons of goodness there ......

A-173G_rgb.jpg

check them out HERE

Edited by taksan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm fairly new to keeping goldies and I decided to get myself a patio pond. I picked up this 6' x 4' x 2' high black laguna plastic tub for $300 and I've added a filter and pump and some nice Sarasa comets that caught my eye. Now its cycled properly the fish are all in and starting to look good. I've still got a lot of work to do building a brick surround and wood edge for the pond and a nice wooden planter box to hide the filter. I also intend on putting in some river pebbles as substrate and adding some more plants. So far I'm happy with it and the fish seem to love it. I've got 8 various comets in there ranging from 5" right up to a couple of 12" monsters. Hi, I'm Darr I love the pond. The fish you have in there are like the ones I have, but mine have a wen. do you think that you might know what kind of fish that might be .??Boy you sure took some beautiful pictires I love them. Darr

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Hi Darr,

I love your fish..very striking colors.. :) ..

You might want to start a new topic of ur own and show off your gorgeous babies and set up there...That way everyone would be able to appreciate your pictures...and you will get all the attention in the world.. ;) ....Like you can see, since this is an old topic and belongs to someone else...your pictures could go unnoticed... :) ..I would love to see more compliments for your hard work.. :heart

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Looks awesome mate :D

I'm keeping my eye out now for a 2nd hand free-standing spa on eBay. My brother in law got one for $900 - complete with fancy wooden surrounds... like the ones you see on TV. I saw his and thought 'hang on... one of those would make an awesome fi...'... :o:blink::D !

• 2 years later...

Now 5 years later its time for a upgrade ... we have been through a lot but the fish are still doing well.

I transferred a lot of the big fish out as they made a lot of little ones ! So now i've got just the three big comets (12"+) and a lot of their babies (some are now 6"+) I put a smaller filter on when I was setting up another pond years ago and added a aquarium cannister I had spare. so after two house moves and a lot of changes I'm now ready to update the pond so ... I've bought out the old big filter and got a new Oase Filtoclear 11000 I'm going to run as a prefiler for it and a brand new pond (still 6x4x2) but this time a nice timber surround.

Old patio pond still going strong ...

IMG_2317.jpg

The guys are still happy and healthy

IMG_2326.jpg

New patio pond and surround waiting to be installed

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

New huge Oase pressure filter and old massive trickle filter waiting to be installed (I'm going to run the Oase as a prefilter for the trickle) just waiting on a new 2500gph pump

IMG_2343.jpg

I'll post more pics when the upgrade is done ....

:o 2500 gph? How big is the new pond?! The setup so far is amazing! :D

Its 345 US gallons or so about 1300 liters in our lauguage a 2500gph (or 9500 lp/h) pump would get about 2/3rds the flow when working in my set up so it would be the ideal size.

Put in the new pond, surround and filters yesterday ....I've still got some electrical tidy up and landscaping work to do but its going well so far.

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

Edited by taksan

• 2 weeks later...