Picky Picky

Guest goldynewbie

Guest goldynewbie

Hi I'm completely new here. Here's my story. I had two goldfish, one a moor, other a fantail. The moor succumbed to ich and died. I just bought a new little oranda yesterday. My fantail (who couldn't be more healthy and robust) has done nothing but pick on that poor oranda for the last 24 hours. I don't know what to do???? I was thinking of putting the fantail outside in my pond (I live in a very temparate area). But I hate to do it because it's doing so well. But I think it will surely kill the oranda if I don't! Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I agree with 13vi, sometimes they just hassle new additions. Perhaps they are excited to see a new face? whatever the case is, if it persists more than a couple days, definitely start putting other plans into action. Moving the fantail to the pond temporarily could work, then try re-introducing once the oranda is established and used to your routine (few weeks perhaps?)