Plasic Container

i dont want this to sound silly or cruel but..would it be possible to put sammy in a plastic seethrough container?? i'm not neccesasrily going to but i just thought they're very cheap and i have some muc bigger than the tank sammy is in now... would it be possible?

well, more water will dilute the waste, but you really need to get him into a filtered tank

EDIT: i saw in your other thread you have a filter for him

what kind of container is it?

Edited by 13vi

You mean a like a Rubbermaid container? You can put him in one. Some people even make little indoor ponds with them. Just make sure it's super clean, no soap residue or anything.

Guest Melodium

Best thing to do with a rubbermaid is buy one new. (To prevent any ickies from getting in the water) But be warned, sometimes they warp after a few years of holding water.

On the other hand, any clear plastic storage containers work a lot better.

Just make sure you have a filter and what not.

;) It should work out good!

Edited by Melodium

I just warp a bungee cord around the tub - all the way around on the top. Sometimes I have had to join together multiple cords, but that is easy.

I have never had a tub do anything but bulge, but I do it anyway. It is easy to hang a filter off the tub, and all.

The only thing I would suggest is setting the tub up on a couple of lengths of 2X4s or some such. This will allow any condensation that occurs under the tub to have a change to air dry away. Trapped moisture under a tub (or tank or anything) can damage your floors.

Having even a few inches of height will also help you in cleaning - it will speed your syphon.

What color they are is not of consequence. The lighter ones make it easier to see the fish - but that is not a big deal either. Mine are dark gray. I store my "fish stuff" in them, and use the for containers for fish when needed.