Tiger Oscars

Lachfa

Anyone have much experience with Oscars? I bought two last weekend and they are hiding and not eating much. They have a little ick but I am treating that. The ph was high, but I got that undercontrol the day I got them. All my other water tests were good. They are about 2 inches in size. I added salt to help with the move. I have tired the lights on and the lights off. They seem to swim around a bit when we are not in the room, but hide when we come in. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately oscars that size tend to be shy.Once they get about 5-8 inches they should start warming up and then once they are about the size of a football they should be real friendly. They grow like weeds.

These fish are magnificent. My LFS just got 2 adults in, 1 red and 1 albino. I wish I had the 200 gallons to house them.

They seemed so curious in the store, they are still alive and I am watching them closley. Thanks so much and I'll keep you posted as to how they do. Maybe get a picture if they come out of hiding!