Sign in to follow this  
Fishguy2727

Full Tank Shot Of Planted Goldfish 75

Here is a full tank shot of the 75. There are currently 10 goldfish (they will not all stay in this tank permanently), 4 8-10" axolotls, and some feeder guppies that are maintaining a stable population. The plants are moneywort, anacharis, moss ball, mondo grass, cabomba, ambulia, red ludwigia, hygrophilia, radican sword, amazon sword, compact Aponogeton, water wisteria, giant val, banana, and crystalwort. The filtration: Fluval 404, Fluval 405, Biowheel Power Pro 30. There are 3 air stones. The sand is just Estes' Marine sand, a 50/50 mix of black and white. The only plant supplements are Flourish Tabs and general liquid supplement. The lighting is a fluorescent double bright, both tubes are Zoo Med's Reef Sun 50/50 (6500K and Actinic). Water changes are 50% twice a week.

IMG_1884-1.jpg

Your tank is absolutely beautiful!

So many beautiful fish and I cannot even imagine your water changing schedule. o___o It all looks worth it though and you're taking amazing care of them, just look at those healthy (I can't say little) guys!

Looks really pretty i do want to point out though that mondo grass is not a true aquatic plant it is a bog plant so it will die off after a couple of months. Love the telescope it looks like he is staring right at me lol

I may setup up a 55 'viquarium' using Tetra's old Water's Edge Viquarium kit that I still have. I am looking for plants that can be roots submerged, leaves out. So far: mondo grass, pothos, arrowhead, and bamboo.

WOW! Looks great

Such a beautiful tank! The red/orange fish really look great with all that green.

How gorgeous, I have dreams of such a beautiful planted tank, but my fish Mac is a one man wrecking crew so untill I get a tropical tank it'll be silk plants for me! You got those plants so full and pretty without CO2? Wow.