My Fish Made It!

nichjake

My pond fish survived the worst (at least I hope the worst is over) of this winter, the only casuality was a frog that I found on the bottom :( . This is their first winter outside even though I've had them for several years. I worry a little about one of them though, I suspect she's going blind and she turned completely white over the course of last summer...she was orange and white for the first 4 years I had her. Weirdness. All the other fish and her babies are doing just fine, I was so thrilled to see them swimming around when the ice melted this week. Just had to share my good news :D

Good for you NJake. The weather has warmed up just a little bit here in Virginia too and I've seen all my fish on the nicer days. We'll probably fire up the pump in a month and start feeding when temps get over 50 degrees (F) consistently..... It's so nice to know they made it through the winter isn't it?

That is wonderful news, NJake!! The first signs of spring, and everybody is happy as a camper. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kendon11

Glad to hear your fish made it!

This is our third winter and this year we have lost one. I mean she completely disapeared. Hmm? Maybe a bird or cat, not sure.

I've only seen one of the babies in the other pond but they may just be hiding good. Hoping!