Sign in to follow this  
sould

Black Spot Disease - How To Treat?

He's been medicated once with the Guard and Jungle Parasite food. I did a partial water change this morning (~35%), because I wasn't seeing any benefit from the Guard. I just changed 80% of the water, and cleaned all the artificial plants (this is probably a 100% change since this morning). :krazy: His behavior is still the same, so I don't know if he has been adversely affected. I know he is at least just under a year old. That being said, the other fish I have has grown SUBSTANTIALLY and Dante hasn't grown at all, not even his crown, in the 4.5 months I have had him. They were the same size when I got them. Maybe he is just a sick fishie??

Melanophore spots are still caused by an injury or ammonia spike, right? Shouldn't the spots have begun to fade if it's melanophore migration?? AHHH!!! :(

Let's start again.

You've done a 100% near to- water change. What behavior is the spotted fish displaying? Anything unusual?. Has he been bottom sitting? Flashing or scratching his body by rolling on ornaments, yawning a lot, gulping for air? These are signs of parasites.

Migration spots can last for ages. they appear about a week after whatever it was that caused it. Usually ammonia spikes. Sometimes medication.