First Fish Swap~advice?

Saturday we are headed to Akron Ohio for our first fish swap. Never been to one and really don't know what to expect. We don't plan on "swapping fish" 'but instead we want to check out all the stuff. Anyone ever been to one before? What are they like & what should we expect? Inquiring minds want to know... :unsure:

Wow, I need to hear about his. Our aquarium club has a HUGE auction twice a year, but I've never heard of a swap. Cool. How was it?

Unforunately the fish swap didn't happen this weekend. With over 20 inches of snow on Saturday, nobody was going anywhere in central ohio. :no:

Jeez, we were really looking forward to it (even if we didn't know quite what it was). Most likely it will be rescheduled for another Saturday.

Well my husband goes to swap meets for bikes and it's vendors selling all kinds of stuff related to bikes new or used ..so maybe it's vendors selling anything fish related filters ,tanks fish etc, only it's not an auction you just pay the asking price or you barder .

Yep, that is probably what it involves. I was hoping to get a filter, light & hood for a 20 gallon tank. We are in need of a second hospital tanks since I my red cap oranda Feldman is dominating our current QT through the 26th. We had to separate a common from a tank & with no where to put him he is now in with a Electric Blue Jack Dempsey. He is in QT only so that he can gain weight. Our other EBJD are pigs & bullys who don't share!