How Many Years Have Your Goldfish Lived?

I know that with proper care goldfish can live a very long time. I want my goldfish to live a long healthy happy life! I was wondering if there was anyone here who has a really old goldfish that they have had living in an aquarium. Please share your secrets and success with having a long lived goldie! :)

My Comet, Lloyd, is 3 years old. He was one of the 11 'feeders' that randomly appeared in my 10gal one day after school. He's the only one left. The others were given away to a man who bought our 130gal. He's a little stunted, but I think he's grown into a beautiful fish with color issues. lol He lives in my 55 with one other Comet, Winnie, and my RedCap Oranda, Rowan. There are pics of him in the planted tank forum and probably in a thread in the goldfish photo forum.

I don't really have any "secrets", just love, food and lots of waterchanges! lol He likes to be petted, too lol

Edited by Anic

I have had Big Boy for over 3 years & Buster for over 2 years! (I keep their receipts kinda like "birth certificates"!!)

Edited by Jeana727

I had an Oranda that lived to be 10, I had to put him/her to sleep. I didnt really have any secrets.

I have receipts so as I know when I got my fish!

2 of the fish I have now are 2 years old, 2 are 1 year old and 1 is unkown, likely over 3. My loaches are 4 this year.

Edited by claire_uk

Guest 2 commons

I have a telescope that I acquired 4 years ago and the lady that had him before me had him another 4 so he is approximately 8 and then I have my commons which I have had for 6 years and are about 12 inches long and live in a 90 gallon tank in the winter and a 1500 gallon pond in the summer. Fish can live a long time. But they are worth it. :heart

You have really old fish! :D

My Angus are getting 4 years this summer.

The other ones are his babies and grandbabies......

The oldest I have right now is a 3 year old lionhead. But I had a moore (the guy in my avatar) live to be about 6 or 7...and he went through a LOT (poor water quality, etc, before I really knew what I was doing).

My son has a red tail shark that is over 6 years old. Seriously my son does absolutely nothing for this shark other than feed him when he thinks of it.

My commons, Ed, Beavis, and Butthead were "feeder fish" when I got them, but are now nearly 5 years old. Ariel, my orange comet, is about 4.5 years old. They were the first fish I got and have outlived all the various fancies that I have had.

The oldest fish I have that are still alive are turning 4 (well it will be 4 years since I got them) this coming May. "Feeder fish" that my niece and I won from a fair. The oldest fish I ever had was a black moor that was around 8ish when he died from recurring dropsy.