Planorbarius Corneus Or Posthorenslak

Quasi

I've noticed some huge snails, Planorbarius corneus to be exact, in a pond with goldfish and I like the look of them. Does anyone know wether they can be kept in a tank with goldies? According to Wikipedia it is a great ramshorn in English. I never trust Wikipedia completely after some mistakes I've noticed, so is this the correct name for them.

Planorbids are cute little buggers, but most of the time they will over-run your tank. They are the 'pest snails' that come in with plants and I have actually had one in a tank before that I kept for quite a while. He came to me with some apple snails i ordered, and never gave me any problems.

They can reproduce on their own tho, so watch out for that.

Planorbids are cute little buggers, but most of the time they will over-run your tank. They are the 'pest snails' that come in with plants and I have actually had one in a tank before that I kept for quite a while. He came to me with some apple snails i ordered, and never gave me any problems.

They can reproduce on their own tho, so watch out for that.

Little, some have shell that is almost 2 inches in diameter :blink: .

If they can cause pests than they are staying outside. A month ago I had a pond snail invasion due to newly bought plants, and I really do not want to have those problems again.

Archived