Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

See-through Fish (white)

I have two all white fish, and one mostly white with some red markings.

Whitie the Ryukin, is pure solid white.

Kuchibeni, the common is mostly white, but he has a pink glow, he is a really light pink with red markings,

and lastly the little white koi I got a few days ago, is a solid white with a faint pinkish glow.

But I can see inside of him/her! I see something, I want to say it's his stomach, but fish do not have stomachs do they? A swim bladder maybe?? Why can I see that?

Whitie is white, why can I not see inside her? (not that I want to, it's kind of gross).

I remember when I was little we had a fish we could see in, I can't remember if it was the guppy, or the baby the guppy had. I was really little.

But this white koi reminded me of that.

So any ideas? Is it just his colour? Will his colour darken or scales thicken or something, so that I can't see his swim bladder or whatever that actually is?

ps he is not albino, his eyes are black.

Jessica

im not positive but i think that the only reason you can see what you see is because of the amount of skin/muscle your looking through is thin. kind of like when you take a small flashlight and shine it through the web of skin in between your fingers. the thicker it is, the less "red" you see. as your koi grows his skin/muscle will become thicker and you will see less and less of his insides. i could be wrong. there might be some kind of crazy breed of koi that you can see through. probably not. although, that would be pretty wild to have a see through koi! :blink:

Thank you. I hope it's skin grows thicker fast. I don't like the view of it's swim bladder or whatever organ that actually is :P

I meant to ask about this when I got him.

Thanks Toothless.

Jessica

yeah, i can see why youd be kinda grossed-out by it. ;)

I can see thru baby fish when I look under a bright light. also many shubunkins are somewhat translucent. ever seen one with red gills thru the flaps? I can see the guts too and its not gross, its cool :rofl

Where my Telescope Eye is orange with a big white stripe on his body, where his back arches he is white, and I can see a pinkish color. I think it is just what happens with white goldfish where there skin is tight and the light is on it.