My 5 Year Old Educating The Fish People At W**m**t

today I went to go look at a tanks at our local w*****t, anyways I've been teaching my kids about cycling and gallons per fish and she probably hears me talk about it to her dad :blahblah so there was this man cleaning the tanks and she proceeds to say in a loud voice "is your tanks cycled and do you know that each "nice" (i think she ment fancy)goldfish gets 10g per fish to be happy!! I wanted to laugh I just let her keep going the look on the poor guys face.. :rofl

That's cute "nice" for "fancy" - true too! And I bet it was a change for the store assistant , after the initial surprise, to hear that kind of comment from a 5 year old instead of the many alternatives we usually hear like "oh look Mom can I have a few of those to add to my 5 in a bowl" or whatever..

I accidently killed her fish that she won at the fair..due to my ignorance of fish keeping ,I put it in a vase because thats all I had and fed it crushed crackers :unsure: it was up at the top all the time looking for food so I fed it some more then it was dead the next morning... :unsure: Kaylin my daughter was devestated :cry1 so I learned everything and I'm still learning and sharing the info with her ,I think she also expresses her knowledge at school.. :D .

Thank goodness we all know more about good goldfish keeping. I was at a small LFS the other day and asked about Plecos that wouldn't disturb my GF while they slept, the guy said fish don't sleep, then proceeded to tell me if my water was good the fish wouldn't sleep.

That might be so for other fish, but my GF and my betta have a sleeping cycle.

Thank goodness we all know more about good goldfish keeping. I was at a small LFS the other day and asked about Plecos that wouldn't disturb my GF while they slept, the guy said fish don't sleep, then proceeded to tell me if my water was good the fish wouldn't sleep.

That might be so for other fish, but my GF and my betta have a sleeping cycle.

honest to god where do they find these people !!!!! I know when my fish are catching zzzzz's they all go to the center of the tank and zone , ...he was trying to upsell!!! hoping possibly to trick you into buying somthing for your water plus a pleco.. or can people be that dumb?..seesh..I hope you laughed at him..lol :D