Sign in to follow this  
TheFishMan

Filters....

Just wondering, I'm getting an 11g tank on tuesday, and i was wondering what would be the best filter to get? It needs to be relatily quiet and small, but also keep the water CRYSTAL clear...

Any ideas?

You can try the AquaClear OH filter 300 series... The reason I recommend this filter is because I used it before. They are quiet and will do a good job cleaning the water in your tank.

I agree with the aquaclear, they are the best filters I own.

how big are they? i was thinking of an external filter, cuz i want to minimise the amount of space taken up by a filter, but im not sure....

Aquaclear is a external (hang on back) filter. They come in different sizes. The aquaclear 30 is small the aquaclear 110 in big. But they don't take up space in the tank because the only thing in the water is the sucktion tube. The size that would be best for a 11 gallon tank is an aquaclear 30.

First off I want to let you know that when you ask for filter suggestions you will almost get as many different suggestions as you do people replying to the thread. It's just our nature, and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

I want to ask you what you plan on putting in the 11 gallon tank. The stocking choice will have a lot to do with what kind of filter you should get. For exddample, if you are going to put a fancy goldfish in there you will need filtration for a 110 gallon tank, but if you are going for tropicals you can make due with filtration for a 15-20 gallon tank.

The stocking choice will have a lot to do with what kind of filter you should get. For exddample, if you are going to put a fancy goldfish in there you will need filtration for a 110 gallon tank, but if you are going for tropicals you can make due with filtration for a 15-20 gallon tank.

:exactly

Ditto the Aquaclear. They fit almost any budget, are quiet, dependable, long-lasting and offer a variety of media options. Only HOB filter I would buy.