Huge Favour For Goldies

Sounds good to me. Just take some time to sit down and simply watch your fish. If they hover at the bottom all the time, you may need to make a "current break" - using plants or deco or large rocks or such - to break the current so they can have their "sweet spot" for hovering and sleeping.

They will still play in the currents - as long as they have a retreat.

Most of my tanks have well over 12X turnover. The fish love it.

I definatly had to move the new one further down to the other end . I had them both centered under each canopy but didn't leave a quiet space for them now i pushed both at each end giving them the center . amazing in the difference of both filters ,my first one is a whisper it's only a month old it's more gentle than the new one ,the new one is a dyno it breaks the surface a lot more so my fish have a choice of roughing it in the rapids or swimming in the lazy river or sleeping in the center :)

With a large enough tank, I feel like you can go well beyond the 10X filtration & do fine. Currently, my tank is experiencing a little over 17X filtration & things have never been better. ^_^ My fish don't surface gulp as much, the bottoms are much more cleaner, and it's generally been better all around.

With a large enough tank, I feel like you can go well beyond the 10X filtration & do fine. Currently, my tank is experiencing a little over 17X filtration & things have never been better. ^_^ My fish don't surface gulp as much, the bottoms are much more cleaner, and it's generally been better all around.

my husband looked pretty worried when I told him we'd have 630 turn over he thought I would make the water "to clean" :rofl my goldies look pretty content and jelly my oranda LOVES the current of the new filter.

Some fish realy like to test their strenght by swimming against the current that the filter makes. I suspect Godzilla of working out to attract a cute male goldfish. To bad for her al my fish seems to be females :rolleyes: