I Think My Pearlscale Is Bursting With Eggs

I'm not sure but my pearlscale looks a little rounder these days it's hard to tell if she's getting round with eggs or she's just getting round :unsure: .. any suggetions on how to get her to drop her eggs without harming her .

I would definitly not hand spawn her in anyway..Are you for sure she's female?..I don't know much about Pearls other than they get fat :rolleyes: Is she acting strange or in a way she usually doesn't behave?..When females are ready to drop their eggs they usually do with no problem..For example moving into a new home or simply handling her would encourage her to drop..When you say she's getting rounder these day do you mean suddenly? or over a long period of time?

I definatly won't be hand spawning ..that scares me. well im pretty sure shes a female the males follow her aruond and are up her butt sometimes her "more" roundness isn't a sudden thing but gradual I don't know if she's just growing but there seems to be a little bit more waddle in her front stroke .there is no floatiness or bottom sitting .when she has her back to me she's all butt..lol

I definatly won't be hand spawning ..that scares me. well im pretty sure shes a female the males follow her aruond and are up her butt sometimes her "more" roundness isn't a sudden thing but gradual I don't know if she's just growing but there seems to be a little bit more waddle in her front stroke .there is no floatiness or bottom sitting .when she has her back to me she's all butt..lol

Hmmm sounds like she's filling with eggs :D which is very normal for this time of the yr...I would keep her on as good diet and watch her for any signs of constipation.

I'm noticing the same thing with my pearlie and my demekin has had breeding stars for a couple of months now.

If she drops eggs will to try to raise any fry?

I wish I could i'm really not set up for it maybe in a year or 2 I'll try, poor babies would probably die if it happened this second :(

I wish I could i'm really not set up for it maybe in a year or 2 I'll try, poor babies would probably die if it happened this second

I know what you mean. If my gf does drop eggs I think I'll try and save some of them and just see what happens. I can afford to get a rubbermade for some fry, but definatly can't handle any kind of large number.