Mean Goldfish People

:veryangry: I was surfing the web and I came across this other forum I thought I would "lurk" it was a show fish forum anyways this guy had the cutest little lionhead and he was showing off his little fry . The response he got was sickening they were telling him to flush him because he was a waste because his scales weren't lined up and he was taking up space and all this other mean stuff .the guy was getting upset as you would expect.but they were relentless ,it almost seemed personal I wanted to join so I could say "I think your fish is perfect bring him over to koko's we love fish in any shape or form ..... so anyways thanks everybody for being kind and understanding that are fishies in their imperfect little ways or their perfect little ways are special to us and everybody respects and loves them all regardless :thumbs:

Yeah, some people are really into raising goldies for show....it appears you came across a group who is obsessed with perfection. I tried hanging out at another goldie forum to but I couldn't stand the people there....eveyone is so much nicer here :heart

I guess it's everywhere my dad bred airedale terriers for 28 years he did some showing but it was the same my dad bred for personality before looks and it got him reconized all over the world we sold worldwide from turkey to hungry bahammas you name it.It made him angry to see sensless people who only cared about best in show. there's a lot of fanatics out there and the wrong kind.

I guess it's everywhere my dad bred airedale terriers for 28 years he did some showing but it was the same my dad bred for personality before looks and it got him reconized all over the world we sold worldwide from turkey to hungry bahammas you name it.It made him angry to see sensless people who only cared about best in show. there's a lot of fanatics out there and the wrong kind.

I agree hun, ofcourse I like good quality fish but I have a heart of gold for the ones who need love.. simply those who would sit and just sit at a LFS... I have to say Tama has the best personality out of all my fish!..And my uncle had a Husky born with a leg disorder and she was soooo sweet... the vet said she would need to be put down.. well 16 yrs later the dog lived... and happily :heart

There are forums like that where all the members are diehard show-fish connoiseurs. A person will post a pic of their fish and have it critiqued by other members. Quite frankly if you get offended easily, one should not have their fish critiqued because these "judges" are ruthless. Some of them are so harsh in their criticism, they make Simon look like Paula Abdul.

That being said, when they say that a fish is worthless and it needs to be flushed, I certainly hope they are joking. A reject by their standard could be easily a gorgeous show quality fish to a lesser demanding hobbyst. Regardless, no fish deserves to be killed just because they are not perfect. :no:

I understand that there's standards in having show quality fish but that would be very discouraging for someone who was wanting to get started.I definatly don't think all show people are like that It's just sad that there's forums out there that give that immpression. :unsure:

Its actually scary, I mean show goldies are pretty and all, its like they don't get the point of goldfish keeping; having fun :rolleyes:

I should start going as vicious as they were I could be missing a whole lotta action then when they are to busy killing eachother I'll run off with their goldies :yeah: .... you can call me the "goldie bandit" ;)

Poor fish.

=/

I guess some people are just absolutely ruthless in their breeding? Jack of Hearts is right though, even if the poor thing is not perfect to their standards it could have made a show quality fish or even just someones little pet. People who throw lives away so carelessly(flushing? I mean come on, there are much more humane ways) absolutely disgust me.

I almost regard them as a lesser form of a person. But thats how they're regarding this poor fish. ]:!

And, agreed! Kokos is amazing. :heart

Thats horrible.I guess to them it's kinda like beauty contests.Miss america and such.But nothing not even a rock deserves to be talked about in that manner.It's a goldfish.It never hurt anyone,and i'm sure it has an amazing personality.Nothing deserves to be killed because it's not good enough for someone.But as the saying goes "everytime you see a beautiful woman remember someone got tired of her." I guess that can be applied here.Tell me if they have anymore fish that arent good enough to live by there standards,I'll take em.lol.Poor fish.I feel horrible for him.I hope the person who posted the pic loves him.Everything deserves a chance at life and someone who loves them. :(