Help!

shuvo

today in the morning i saw some small white sopt on my fishes tail.almost all of them had it.but they r not having any prob as i see.but i change the 50 of the water than put two table spoon of salt it there.i also put 2 medicine spot blue and aqua gold.than i went to my versity.now i came back and seeing that the spots r less and nothing fishy is going on.

what i have to do more?

my tank is 2.3feet long 1.8feet high and 1.3feet width .how much salt i hav to use in this tank?

what is the perfect water temparature should be as normal?

do i hav to increase or decrese the temparature of the hiter now for this reason?

i dont have any equepmwets to mesure nitrate and ph lavel,ant thay dont sell any...

i change my water mostly50%in2days

P.S.i told u b4 that i would buy power filter next month but i think today at the after noon i will buy one.i got real afraid by seeinh the spots.

Edited by fish_king

well i bought the power filter.i bought the big one.i say 1800lit/hour it can pum.its pretty powerfull.if i dont keep it on all the time will it b ok.how bout keep it on 3-4hours per day coz my tant is only 2feet in lenght.plz let me know.

Edited by fish_king

hey Fish King,

sorry your fish seems a little under the weather. Hang tight a mod will come to help shortly. In the mean time, fill out the questions in the white box on the top of the page. THis will help the mods answer your questions a little better.

If you are salting your tank, make sure its not table salt. While you are waiting, read up on salting your tank. Here is a link to salting the tank. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=60876 Hope this helps

good luck!

Edited by Shari Lynn

Hello Fish King and welcome to Koko's.

I see that you are in Bangladesh, so I imagine finding fishstores to test your water might be very difficult.

There are a few things which need sorting out, so let's go one step at a time.

First of all, your fish have white spot (ich) which you need to treat BUT you have only just put a filter into your tank.

This is a problem because sick fish need perfect water without ammonia in order for medicine to work and for them to get better. It will take your filter between 4-6 weeks before it has grown enough bacteria to eat your fishes waste. Is there any way you can buy (or order) water testers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate or PH?

With the measurements you gave, your tank holds about 35gals/136L. You have just bought a 1800L per/hour power filter. This gives you a filtration rate of x13 your tank capacity per hour. We recommend x10, so this is excellent - providing it doesn't blast the fish around the tank. Does the current seem too strong for the fish? The filter needs to run all the time - not just a couple of hours a day.

Before I can help you further I need to know a few more details.

How many fish do you have in the tank?

How big are they?

Howw long have you had them?

Any new?

Do you have anything on the tank floor (rocks, gravel etc.)?

Please post back and we'll see what is the next best step. :)

Thanx guys all u helps r going fine wit me....but i meesed up one thing..i asked the petshop to give me some aqua salt but he said i can use?table?salt?so?did?use?it?again?after?changing?

he?water70%before?coming?to?my?pc.wat?a?jerk?i?m..

but they seems ok and spots r redused in small goldys but my male oranta jugernut seem to hav few spots at hit tail,and another female oranta also have same spots no changes at all.

i setup a digital tarmomiyer it showing tank temp 26,

my hiter just broke today byACCIDENT...I FORGOT TO TURN IT OFF WHILE I WAS EMPTYING THE TANK.. :unsure:

SO BY HEAT IT BUSTED.ANY HOW I WILL GET ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW,

my power filter is cleaning the water very well but the fish seems suckrd to it but they r not being sucked.i using power filter for the 1st time any tips how to maintain it?

p.s.my uncle heard bout my new fish tank though he also like aquarioum he brought me a nice sweet female parlscale when he came back from the job.

i think this is the only gud news i hav so far today

nahid

Hello Fish King and welcome to Koko's.

I see that you are in Bangladesh, so I imagine finding fishstores to test your water might be very difficult.

There are a few things which need sorting out, so let's go one step at a time.

First of all, your fish have white spot (ich) which you need to treat BUT you have only just put a filter into your tank.

This is a problem because sick fish need perfect water without ammonia in order for medicine to work and for them to get better. It will take your filter between 4-6 weeks before it has grown enough bacteria to eat your fishes waste. Is there any way you can buy (or order) water testers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate or PH?

With the measurements you gave, your tank holds about 35gals/136L. You have just bought a 1800L per/hour power filter. This gives you a filtration rate of x13 your tank capacity per hour. We recommend x10, so this is excellent - providing it doesn't blast the fish around the tank. Does the current seem too strong for the fish? The filter needs to run all the time - not just a couple of hours a day.

Before I can help you further I need to know a few more details.

How many fish do you have in the tank?

How big are they?

Howw long have you had them?

Any new?

Do you have anything on the tank floor (rocks, gravel etc.)?

Please post back and we'll see what is the next best step. :)

well i dont think any of the kits?for?amonia?nitret u told can b ordered from here.no website which sells product dont deliver good to bangladesh.well dat ma bad luck.

well the current is good i just turned the nossele to the wall of ma aquarium so they r not blasting away but they r little bit being pulled toward the filter..dat all.ok?if?theres?no?prob?to?keep?it?always?on?than

no?worry.

well i hav lot of fishes.i wasnt a member of dis forum b4 i bought the fishes but i m not buying anu more.

1.5 oranta(4" with tail) :sorry::

2.2 black moor(2" with tail)

3.2 talescope eye(3.5"wit tail)

4.2 ruiking(2" with tail)

5.3 lil oranta(2"with tail)

6.1 perl scale(3"with tail)(uncle gave it today) :madrant

7.1 fighter(abult male) :wall

8.4 angels(small) :wall

i m really sorry i learn all dout aquariam in last 3days from here.when i 1st bought them the shopowner told me i can keep these :unsure: dat why i buy it.

i tried to gave some to my friend but none of them r interested.i tried to return to the shop but as u know they wont take it.some i m keeping them wit me taking extra care.changing the water daily feeding the varities of food.i m really trying as i can.i m a student of electronic and tele comunication.so i hav to look at my study.i even dont chat wit ma frns lot now.i come back from versity as early as possible.i dont even go out wit my frnds for gossiping.coz my fish buddys r at home.i enjoy them more.i have gravels in my aquarium.

sorry.

nahid.... :unsure:

Edited by fish_king

Holy tank overload Fish King!! Can you go back to the fish store and pick up another tank? I guess the one thing you have going for you (or that your fishies have going for them) is that strong filter, but even that is not enough for the full house you have!

Have you looked at tips on adding new fish? The fish your uncle bought you should have gone in to his own tank for at least a month, to make sure he doesn't carry disease or parasites. Think about quarantining any new fish you get.

I have to agree with the other members on the importance of listing your water parameters. Can you contact your city water agency? Maybe they have places where water testing kits can be bought.

if i need to keep all of them ok can u tell me how my next tank size should be.coz i m bit broke dis month.i will get my paychek from my dad next month.but again i can try.can u tell me how long it should be...

sorry again ..i really shouldnt have bought dis huge conts of fishes :sorry:: .

well i dont think they will not come just to cheack my aquarium`s water.sure bout that.even if i call them they will laugh.

i try to bought it from net but they dont deliver at bangladesh so i hav to do wat can i do with my limited resources and can pray to god.

nahid....

Edited by fish_king

No, no Nahid...what I meant was, would your water agency be able to tell you where you can buy a water testing kit? Perhaps a laboratory supply store. Call and ask where in your city water test supplies are sold...

If funds are low right now, I'd buy any tank (10 gallons or above) just to get you started. Does your tank have aeration? An air pump would probably do the overcrowded tank some good. When you can swing it, you'll need to provide at least 10 gallons per fish. I noticed you have some angel fish in the tank, angel fish are tropicals and should not be in with goldfish. Maybe you can start by getting them their own tank?

OK Nahid - now don't worry; you didn't know what was needed before and now you are trying your best to take care of things. - That is the most important thing.

Now the sick fish;

Aqua Gold, I think, is a product made by Fish Pharmacy and contains the nitrifying bacteria your filter needs to make the fish waste safe. The 'Spot Blue' (?) - sounds like Methylene Blue - unfortunately kills all the bacteria in the tank - good and bad. This means there is not much to protect the fish against ammonia. The ich which are on your fish will quickly get the upper hand whilst tank conditions are overcrowded and ammonia is high. So, for now you need to do very big water changes every day. The trouble with ich is that the white spots drop off the fish and into the gravel where they develop into hundreds of tiny parasites which will then swim up and infest all of your fish all over again. Do you have a vacuum to clean the gravel with?

If the filter seems to be sucking the fish in, you must be careful to protect the end of the uptake tube - weak fish will not be able to swim away and can get stuck on the tubing.

All your goldfish are the fancy variety and they need 10 gals each minimum. This means that the tank you have is big enough for 3 goldfish only and you ideally should get another tank for the other 3. I would put the orandas and ryukin together as they are faster fish, and keep the moor, telescope and pearlscale (who are slow) in another tank. This way they have a better chance when it comes to feeding time.

The angel fish and the siamese fighter are tropical fish and should not be kept with the goldfish. So, if you are able to get another aquarium, or two, it would be a very thing.

Until you can afford this you can put your goldfish in any large clear-plastic tub and treat them for ich in there. If you can get 2 tubs holding 30 gals each it would be good.

The best treatment for ich is heat and salt, but controlling ammonia while you have salt in a bucket is hard.

I am going to ask D Golem to help you; he has experience of looking after fish in places where getting aquarium treaments is hard - I think he might be able to suggest a good plan for you.

Watch this space and someone will be back later.

PS

"would your water agency be able to tell you where you can buy a water testing kit? Perhaps a laboratory supply store. Call and ask where in your city water test supplies are sold..."

This is a very good suggestion - it might work.

Edited by Pixiefish

Hi Nahid

Pixiefish has given you very good advice already. I'm just gonna highlight the most important things for you to do, ok?

1. Get aquarium salt/rock salt/uniodised salt as best as you can. Don't use anymore table salt.

2. If u can't afford another aquarium, then a large plastic/fiberglass tub of at least 150-200 litres is good and put all your goldfish there. Do waterchange everyday & don't be bored doing it, it's the best thing you can do to your fish.

3. Take out all of the gravel in the tank. Gravel (unless u can clean it properly) is just bad idea in my opinion.

Let me know how u go.

No, no Nahid...what I meant was, would your water agency be able to tell you where you can buy a water testing kit? Perhaps a laboratory supply store. Call and ask where in your city water test supplies are sold...

If funds are low right now, I'd buy any tank (10 gallons or above) just to get you started. Does your tank have aeration? An air pump would probably do the overcrowded tank some good. When you can swing it, you'll need to provide at least 10 gallons per fish. I noticed you have some angel fish in the tank, angel fish are tropicals and should not be in with goldfish. Maybe you can start by getting them their own tank?

hi luvbender,

sorry i didnt get that 1st time.ok i will surely ask them to tell me where i can get the supplies.

i had a the string air pump installed witf normal filter from the beginig,

ok i will try to buy a 15 gallon tank than i will move the angles.

thanx

nahid....

Hi Nahid

Pixiefish has given you very good advice already. I'm just gonna highlight the most important things for you to do, ok?

1. Get aquarium salt/rock salt/uniodised salt as best as you can. Don't use anymore table salt.

2. If u can't afford another aquarium, then a large plastic/fiberglass tub of at least 150-200 litres is good and put all your goldfish there. Do waterchange everyday & don't be bored doing it, it's the best thing you can do to your fish.

3. Take out all of the gravel in the tank. Gravel (unless u can clean it properly) is just bad idea in my opinion.

Let me know how u go.

hi d_golem,

ok i wont use any table salt,i think i can manage aquarium salt.

well can buy another aquarium but if i do that dis month than i will b facing huge problem with maintaing with the others things,at the starting of the march i will get ma allowence from dad than i will surely buy another tank.ok i will keep changing the water daily.i wont b bored coz its da matter of my fishes.

all gravels r cleaned, though i had only few.

regard

nahid

all my fishes r looking great,the spots r very less :exactly except my juggernut :( .though he`s not showing any problem but he still have the same spots at the tail :unsure:

i stoped using spt blue after reading pixxe_fish`s massage,i m just using aqua gold now.

both air pump and power flter r doing great job for my tank. :exactly

P.S.i will buy another 40 gallon tank as soon as possible,but i think not in this month,starting at the march i surely can.

i will keep updating bout my fishes.

thanx u guys,u r awasome

nahid

"i stoped using spt blue after reading pixxe_fish`s massage,i m just using aqua gold now."

OK. Just so that you are clear - the Aqua Gold contains healthy bacteria for the tank, only. Which is good. But it will not treat the ich'white spot.

So, now you have to start raising the salt slowly to kill the ich. Their life cycle has several stages and the parasite cannot be killed immediately. You will have to keep the salt in the tank for 2 weeks to be sure the ich is dead.

Here is a salt guide written by Trinket

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=60876

Be sure to get the dose right and remember that each time you change the water, you must replace the salt to the new water you add back.

Be sure to get the dose right and remember that each time you change the water, you must replace the salt to the new water you add back.

ai ai captain :exactly

hi guy 1st of all happy valentines day to u all...lol

now as mu fish update....

sorry i didnt get the chance to change the water todat..i hav some exams at the versity.i will change 50 in the next noon.

mostly all od the fishes white spots were gone thanks to ur help.but my big pranta juggernut still got some spots left..shoulf i take him out and use hand to remove the spot from the tail..just thinking.

i used some aqua gold today.

as i was bz with my exam i didnt get the chance to call the water suplly office to know bout the kits u told me.any how i just hav onw more fish to cure than all my fishes will b ok.i will surely hav 50%wc

takecare

nahid......

Edited by fish_king

Hi Nahid - do not try to remove the white spot by hand. They are embedded in your fishes skin and cannot be killed at this stage.

"any how i just hav onw more fish to cure than all my fishes will b ok."

No, just because they have fallen off, you must not think the fish is safe. All the little spots fall into the gravel where they rest and grow. Each one contains hundreds of tiny new babies. They will soon hatch out and swim around the tank. They will look for new fish to feed on. It is only once they start to swim that they can be killed. This is why you must begin to increase the salt (please read Trinket's topic) You must also vacuum the gravel to remove as many white spots as you can. With all those fish, you really need to be changing 75% each day at at least. OK?

Edited by Pixiefish

oh my god they will hav first fall down than from them there will b 100 more...real creepy.i read trinket topic i m following it....i will change 75%today thanks

• 2 weeks later...