Wowzers!

jamisskat

how many gallon should b needed for a fancy gf?

jewel u said 2.5 for fancy gf is it correct? :unsure:

well i dont keep ma fishes in bowl but i think thet r not bad if it`s big i mean real big. :exactly

Here on Koko's we like to recommend that each goldfish is given at least 10 US gallons (38 litres) of water. The single tailed varieties need more on the order of 20 US gallons (75litres) apiece.

This amount makes it the easiest for the fish keeper and the fish, assuming the tank/pond is run on the nitrogen cycle. As the number of fish in the volume of water goes up (or the size of the fish), the filtration gph and biological platform can be adjusted to allow a few more fish - but that greatly increases the amount of work for the fishkeeper - requiring substantially more watetr changes. (and, when something goes wrong - it tends to go wrong FAST. In a larger volume of water, you have more time to react)

So... think 38 litres per average fancy goldfish and 75 litres per single tailed variety.

:)

Bowls are for toilets, not goldfish.

That's a good one. So true.

We should have it pinned under those bowls for sale Jewels found.

LOL, thanks. :)

Someone on the boards used to have a goldfish bowl as a centerpiece in their big goldie tank. It was cute but I can't remember for the life of me who it was...

I believe they had gravel in it, and a little plant too.

Isn't it strange what catches our eye? You saw that so called tank in a movie?

I flipped through the channels last night, trying to find something to watch. There is a religious channel in our setup, which I usually never watch, I just go over it. Well, last night, there was a goldfish tank in the background, while the preacher in the front did his sermon. It wasn't in a church, it looked more like a tv recording studio. Anyway, I kept staring at that fish tank - not bigger than 10 gl, and I counted 3 orange goldies swimming in there. Plus the gravel, plus the plants, and maybe a fish or two that I didn't see to begin with. My daughter walks by and says "Mom, since when are you watching THAT channeland the nun?" .. and I replied " I am not watching the nun, I am watching the goldies in the back, and feel sorry for their small tank." She just rolled her eyes and walked off... :D

I flipped through the channels last night, trying to find something to watch. There is a religious channel in our setup, which I usually never watch, I just go over it. Well, last night, there was a goldfish tank in the background, while the preacher in the front did his sermon. It wasn't in a church, it looked more like a tv recording studio. Anyway, I kept staring at that fish tank - not bigger than 10 gl, and I counted 3 orange goldies swimming in there. Plus the gravel, plus the plants, and maybe a fish or two that I didn't see to begin with. My daughter walks by and says "Mom, since when are you watching THAT channeland the nun?" .. and I replied " I am not watching the nun, I am watching the goldies in the back, and feel sorry for their small tank." She just rolled her eyes and walked off... :D

I seen this bowl on a website from a LFS... :(

lol my kids do the same they think I'm nuts they help me with water changes cause thy still like to and I'm trying to teach them about housing them and the nitrogen cycle and I'm alway saying you should talk about it at school so your friends won't kill their fish and I always get that "look" and they're only 5 and 6 lol....

urg dont you hate it at every fish store, there is this ....1-2 gallon .....container that say "fish starter kit" or w/e and they ALWAYS ALWAYS have picture of goldfish in it! it's so annoying!

I HATE THOSE! It's horrible and so misleading to a poor begginer.All it says to the unsuspecting consumer is "HEY i can put 12 goldfish in here because the box says i can" I think thats why kokos stays so busy.i saw a "starter kit" at wally world for 30 bucks that was 3 gallons with a pic of 6 common gf in it.Meanwhile you can get a 10g with test kits there for 15$ but you have to buy the filter seperatly.Yet everyone goes for the starter kit.Lazy people?i think so.

Here on Koko's we like to recommend that each goldfish is given at least 10 US gallons (38 litres) of water. The single tailed varieties need more on the order of 20 US gallons (75litres) apiece.

This amount makes it the easiest for the fish keeper and the fish, assuming the tank/pond is run on the nitrogen cycle. As the number of fish in the volume of water goes up (or the size of the fish), the filtration gph and biological platform can be adjusted to allow a few more fish - but that greatly increases the amount of work for the fishkeeper - requiring substantially more watetr changes. (and, when something goes wrong - it tends to go wrong FAST. In a larger volume of water, you have more time to react)

So... think 38 litres per average fancy goldfish and 75 litres per single tailed variety.

:)

and thats the truth my 1 common and 2 comets in a 35gal tank are so much work keeping on top of everything