Not Sure I Like How My Tank Is Decorated

Dreamgoddess

When I first set up my tank, this is how it was decorated.

000_1420-1.jpg

Then I thought maybe I had just a bit too much in the tank. So I took almost everything out except the plants and a few of the ornaments. This is how it looks now.

SANY0356.jpg

I'm still now happy with it as now I think it looks too empty or something. I'm not really sure what it is about it that I don't like...It might be all that light blue background that's more obvious now, or the lack of tall plants. I just don't know, but it's driving me crazy trying to figure how to decorate it! :krazy:

So...how would you decorate it??? I would love suggestions! :exactly

I really liked the way it was before too, but I was worried that there was too much in there. I was afraid the gf wouldn't have enough swimming space. Also, the fish did seem really happy in there and they would swim in and out of the ornaments. Now, they just seem to stay at one end of the tank pretty much all the time.

Maybe I need to put everything back like it was! :D

I liked the first set up too , I had blue background and ended up turning it around to the black side and I love it!!!

I really thought about another background, but I can't turn this over...it has a desert scene on the back of it! :rofl

I liked the first set up too , I had blue background and ended up turning it around to the black side and I love it!!!

I really thought about another background, but I can't turn this over...it has a desert scene on the back of it! :rofl

lol I would try black as a back drop I think it would look beautiful with your stand and your greek ruins and it would make your gravel pop....OMG..i sound like one of those designer guru's on the home and garden station lol

I think it looks great too, I've noticed we're all perfectionists who don't like our set ups :P

I think the background works well if you decide to keep it, I used to have the exact same one but on a smaller tank so it wasn't nearly as noticible.

I dunno...I thought the background was perfect with that Greek setup. I printed off a space scene that is black with stars for the tank. I love the black background much better than the blue I had, but the Greek statues on yours worked perfect for the decorations you had. I don't think it was too busy at all, and if your fish liked it better, thats what I'd go with.

Haha, we forget that its THEIR homes! :rofl

I personally like the second one...im not big on a bunch of "trinkets"...im a straight line kinda person, i think they call that contemporary......i think you should add the taller building back in there and get rid of the smaller ones on the right side of your tank..a bubbler would look awsome behind it....just my :twocents (lol)

I like both...the only thing I'd have considered changing is the background...but I think thats just my personal preference for dark backgrounds that make everything in the tank stand out.

personally, i think both are beautiful set ups.

i prefer the first one, because i'm a sucker for a themed tank lol.

i think it looks kind of like greece got covered in water and now large, gorgeous goldfish are running the place.

:D

Exactly! Kind of like Atlantis!

Where did you get those decorations and background if you don't mind me asking? I can never find anything different like that around here.

I like both set ups, but I think you need to find a happy medium between the two. To me, the first one was a little too crowded, but the second was too bare.

I would add a tall plant, and a couple of the old pillars.

Keep experimenting until you like it! :)