Ramshorn Snail

Bob the Goldfish

LOL a grandsnail! I like that. Anyway these little guys reproduce really rapidly. I have some that are almost an inch in diameter but they were reproducingn long before they got to that size! I love these little guys and have a nice population going in my betta tank. I keep finding eggs and everytime I do a gravel vac I uncover lots of little guys from the gravel. They reproduce according to the amount of waste/food in your tank. ie dirty tank=lots of snails; clean tank=not so many snails! They dont seem to take over my tank like the physa snails, and they seem to be much hardier too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you can see my ramshorn snail up against the filter intake. I named him Gary from spongebob. LOL :lol:

post-20-1075207456.jpg

No LOL, but he eats like him LOL,he is almost 3 1/2inches wide. he has grew 2 inches since I got him, he loves lettuce/ and algae wafers , he just wraps himself around them and lays there eating LMBO It is hilarious :) :):)Then he is asleep for days after an algae wafer.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly, my grandsnail is no longer with us. It had at LEAST a dozen grandchildren.

That snail in the photo is NOT a Ramshorn Snail.

It is a Golden Ramshorn Snail which is actually an Apple Snail.(I had Planorbis Planorbis)

• 1 month later...

In my photo?. Looks like every ramshorn snail ive ever saw LOL. doesnt matter anyway. he WAS the only snail, They I all of a sudden had hitchhikers from my plants, now I have (mystery snails)will they breed? I saw 1 on his back 1 time.

• 3 weeks later...

Jsrstist,Can u help me identify my snail please. Everywhere I look, I keep coming up it is a Ramshorn snail not an apple snail, Im very confused. As it doesnt matter Only I owuld like to know. I saw where i bought it from, in 1 tank on 1 end, apple snails and the totally oppisite end Ramshorn snails Like 20 feet apart, They looked nothing alike? Did they sell me the wrong snail? Thanks in advance :)

Jsrstist, Are you busy lately,Can u help me please? Thanks,Melanie

Thank you, I bought it as a Ramshorn snail, I looked it up on the internet and it is indeed a Rams horn sail with its narrow shell, NOT wide like the apple snail, But somewhere, on here I was told it is NOT a ramshorn snail, but a applesnail (something) I dunno i need help in identifying it :( . But thanks for the comment I indeed lubbb my snail Gary, He si so funny he will get up on top of my fake plant and sit on the top leaf and how he does it I DONT KNOW LOL. He is so big, he stills somehow balances himself on it Ive tried to get pics, But by the time I get back in there, He is done down.

Archived