Cute Little Fishie Photo

dickey_moe

I knew you would fall for him! THey are the same as any goldie as far as diet, water etc.. but they should not be put in with regular goldies. He would even be challenged with a Moor as a tank mate. I have a Moor and they find food faster than this guy. My Moor has missed few meals.

They also swim poorly, probably due to their heavy heads, so too much current can toss them around. The tunnel I put in there is to give them a place away from the current to rest in. His tank mate Cheeto is a sbd fish and has difficulty getting his food too so they are evenly matched. The tunnel helps Cheeto stay under water where he won't get sores. They love to nibble all that green algae!!

Their eyesight is terrible. The poor little thing feels around with his mouth for food. He takes a lonnnng time to find it. He blunders into everything, so a bare bottom tank and lack of ornaments would be best for him. His best tank mate would be a bubble eye, they are about the same.

And then there's that face....... :lol1

Oh, and just for the record: I had him in with a pearlie and he ate Piggy's tail! Imagine what a fantail or two would do to him!! :o

Edited by Chickey

I have a pearlscale ,I find the pearl to be the most dominate of all the fish I have I would be worried that she would bully one she hasn't picked on any fish yet but if they're in the way of her food she just barrels into them I already have to make sure my oranda gets food due to his wen .I have seen one once before at my lfs if I see one again I'll have to get one and put him in his own tank I guess. I hope he wouldn't be to lonely .

My Rach, Piggy Is changing! I hardly recognised him, he's filled out so much, you're a fantastic fish mum! -How fast is his colouring changing? I have a little bubble-eye in Gene's tank who looks almost exactly like Piggy except for the sacks, she (I think) had very similar colouring to Piggy, but her black lipstick and fins stayed black for a long time after everywhere else went orange... over the last week she 'wore off' her lippy, and now only has tips of black at the end of her caudal fins. Her tankmate who is the same age (I'm guessing fromt he same spawn) has stayed a nice olive black colour.

My Rach, Piggy Is changing! I hardly recognised him, he's filled out so much, you're a fantastic fish mum! -How fast is his colouring changing? I have a little bubble-eye in Gene's tank who looks almost exactly like Piggy except for the sacks, she (I think) had very similar colouring to Piggy, but her black lipstick and fins stayed black for a long time after everywhere else went orange... over the last week she 'wore off' her lippy, and now only has tips of black at the end of her caudal fins. Her tankmate who is the same age (I'm guessing fromt he same spawn) has stayed a nice olive black colour.

He is a plump little thing isn't he?? :heart

He is definitely changing fast now. I put up a photo not too long ago called "punctuated piggy" you can see how fast he has lost his exclamation mark. It's almost gone completely.

Here's the funny thing with piggy....Bonbon ate his tail and when it grew back it was black!! wouldn't you have expected it to be white?? Dare I hope he will keep this color?

Hi-d ...or you could get :newfish:newfish:) but I would not put this fish in with an aggressive fish, he wouldn't stand a chance.

Oooh!! Have you gone green on us? :unsure: It's a beautiful green!! :D

Piggy is the cutest :heart

But I'm so sorry BonBon ate poor Piggy's tail. What an untrustworthy companion. I have an empty cell #6 in my house for the likes of BonBon, I think he or she complies with all the inmate requirements. Solitary confinement of course but the food is very good they tell me. Let me know if he's interested.

Is it Maximum Security?? I would consider it but he has mended his ways and is not eating any other tank mates. It's a good thing too... I was having trouble finding a little Hockey mask to fit him. :krazy:

Two of my tanks are green now! I don't have green water but there is plenty of salad to munch on.

Mads... Punctuated piggy was on the 22nd of January, and my video on youtube was taken while he was still with Bonbon (just before the tail eating incident) that was on Christmas Eve! He still had a black streak on his back.