Sign in to follow this  
magscat3161

Picked Up A New Rescue Today

IMG_2245_1.jpgIMG_2252_2.jpg

I went all the way to the Va Beach SPCA to get this one (That's about a 2hr drive for me). Apparently some one left her in a 5g bucket out side of the SPCA after hours Thursday evening. She dose have a few health problems but nothing that can't be fixed with the right combo of meds and some TLC. I'm hoping that with good lighting and proper nutrition her colors will brighten up a bit. I think she's gonna make a great fish for some one! Very pretty isn't she? I haven't thought of a name for her yet but I'll let y'all know what kind of weirdness I label her with as soon as I think of something. LOL

She's quite the looker! I hope she gets well soon, I can't wait to see what she's going to grow into, she's already so gorgeous. You should name her "Bucket" because they left in one or "Annie" she's little orphan Annie.

what a beautiful fish :)

i can't beleive someone would do that......poor thing.

:(

people these days.....-sigh-

but at least she's got a shot at a better life :D

She's beautiful! I'm actually surprised that they bothered to leave here there. I think most people either wait for unwanted fish to die or just straight flush them. So sad. :cry1

Sometimes I think I want to fill a room with fish tanks and rescue all the poor, neglected goldfish. And then I remember I have to have time for a job, and money to afford it.

Well they must have taken some kind of care of her because I have seen much much worse. Over all she's not in bad shape. She does have just a touch of cloudy eye and a few spots of fin fungus. I also suspect gill flukes but that's nothing unusual. I don't see any reason that she shouldn't recover 100%. Maybe the ppl or person who left her at the SPCA had a good reason for leaving her. I don't know but I'm not going to worry about what's been done when all we can do is move forward.

Olivia! She is beautiful!!! :heart Love the name!! Your a great Fishie Mommy. Take good care of her. I KNOW someone will want her after you do your magic! Good Luck to you and Masumi :)

that is one good looking fish considering, well done on the saving this beauty i'm sure he/she will grow large very soon and forget all about the bucket

How prety she is, Liv. I only just saw this. Some of her scales glint in the light which makes her look very unusual.

How many fish are you back up to now?

She is very beautiful! I love the name too. At least whoever had her had ehough sense to take her to a place where she might get help and not flush her down the toilet or some disgusting thing.

OH MY!

She is absolutely wonderful, I love her coloring and scales.

I would have taken her, too. What a beauty!

What a beautiful fish! She's so lucky to have found you. How sweet of you to save her! Hope she gets well soon. :)

How prety she is, Liv. I only just saw this. Some of her scales glint in the light which makes her look very unusual.

How many fish are you back up to now?

This one makes 43. But I'll have a whole load more come next weekend because an LFS in Hertford closed down and I've been asked to take on their big fish for a bit.

Your heart is so big. :heart:)

And she is quite beautiful. Once she is healed will you be keeping her or looking for a new home for her?

She'll most likely be adopted out. As much as I'd like to keep them all I can't. If I don't find them new homes then I run out of space to help others.

She'll most likely be adopted out. As much as I'd like to keep them all I can't. If I don't find them new homes then I run out of space to help others.

Olivia you are amazing! And like Smilingfish said, your heart is so big! :exactly

Beautiful fish Olivia. I hope you find a nice home for her. :)

I like to think that every one uses the things that they are best at to help out others. Caring for fish (and other animals) is just something that I'm good at. Do you have any idea how many friends I've made because of a simple goldfish. I don't really look at it as anything terribly special. It's just what I do. ;)

That is a beautiful fish, I love calicos.

The name is perfect!

43... :thud :

when can we see all of them?

Nice fish he has found a Great home

Beautiful fish, Liv!!! Her colors are amazing right now!!! I can't wait to see what she will become later!!!

43... :thud :

when can we see all of them?

Nice fish he has found a Great home

I've never posted all of them because the number fluctuates so often and some of them come from situations that are so bad that I don't like to start rant wars over what's happened to them. Mostly I just post the ones that I wouldn't mind a Koko's member adopting or fish that I'm going to keep for myself. Many of my rescue fish get snapped up by a friend of mine in SC. She makes my house look like the average hobbyist's home and she barely has a yard at all because she's running 12 huge ponds on a 5 acre plot of land. Most of my rescues stay with me just long enough to get a clean bill of health unless their stunted or have special needs. I just don't have time to post pics of all of them.

Olivia, I would love to speak for this one! :wub: If and when its time to find her a home, i'll make a good place for her. (as well as your other 2 up for adoption) *tehe* handing two sick ones over to you, hoping to gain 3 more back *tehe* gosh i feel greedy!

Assuming all your rescues survive you'll have five fish (that's counting the two you want to adopt) I know you have a 55g tank and an 18g(? I think you said it was 18 right?). Remember that it's 10g per fancy. Are you sure you want to occupy that smaller tank? If you need a hospital you'll have no where to put a sick fish if you need to iso.