Hiromi Had Babies?

CometSue

I guess that's possible.It's been a little over a month since i've had her i think.I still think it's wierd.It was a complete shock to me.LOL.Thank you for a quick responce.I was mind blown.At least that provides me with a little piece of mind that my cute hiromi isnt a evil mutant.lol.(i was beginging to think she was evil lol)I tried to get some pics.but there so tiny my camera wont actually capture them.They look like gf pooples mixed in with the marbles.lol.How long does it take them to loose that see thru look?

I'm not entirely sure, I've never had experience with these little buggers.

I have 3 mystery snails of my own and I think that transparent look is just caused by their shell not being strong/developed yet?

From what I have gathered from looking around at these little ones needs, just do what you have been doing with the adults.

If you have them in with the goldies I would gently remove them and place them in another tank. As since they are so small it is possible they'll be eaten.

Here is a link to the website I found with plenty of reproduction/baby information. [:

http://www.applesnail.net/content/care.php

Edited by Earth!Mother

WooHoo! And your cup runneth over. Congrats on the new family~ :thumbup:

A couple of months ago we bought 2 female mollies & 1 male for my son's tank While they were being acclimated to the tank one gave birth to about 10 babies. And then before we could get them separated out the second female gave birth to another 10. When it was over we had about 30 babies total. My husband calls mollies & guppies "aqua mice". :D

I'm not entirely sure, I've never had experience with these little buggers.

I have 3 mystery snails of my own and I think that transparent look is just caused by their shell not being strong/developed yet?

From what I have gathered from looking around at these little ones needs, just do what you have been doing with the adults.

If you have them in with the goldies I would gently remove them and place them in another tank. As since they are so small it is possible they'll be eaten.

Here is a link to the website I found with plenty of reproduction/baby information. [:

http://www.applesnail.net/content/care.php

I have the babies in a 10 gallon.I removed them the second i saw them,and added calcium to the water in the 10g.Even though vera and armani are very tiny baby fancies you never know what there capable of.lol.I cant help but to mention how this reminds me of my childhood when i got a female guinea pig.I had her for 3 months and one day i came home from school,and there were 16 black screaming eyes looking at me from her cage.I thought they were evil aliens and freaked out and ran like i had stolen something.LOL.Later i got the courage to fend off the evil "monsters" from fifi(My guinea pig) to realize those aliens were the cutest black and white baby guinea pigs in the world.LOL.I'm sure the baby snails will be fine.Do you know if theres a die off period for snails like goldfish babies?

Lots of babies get buried in the substrate and sucked up the filter. It seems like they just appear overnight, but in reality they have been there all along. In all honesty there is no telling how many the fish have already eaten, or how many have been sucked up in a routine gravel vac session. About how big are your snail babies? I am surprized you didn't see the egg clutch when it was laid, usually just above the water line or in the inside of the hood/lid of the tank.

Lady D is right, thought there is a variety that lays underwater as well, isnt there?

Perhaps it was on the back of an intake tube or the waterfall/output area on the filter? I know my snails climb that thing like there is no tomorrow.

As I said I've never had experience with them, but the website I pointed to said that a few may die off within the first few weeks?

It honestly sounds like you'll have more snails than you'll want to keep. :P

[:

Have fun with the little guys!

Yes, some do lay their egg clutch under water, and it usuallyis attached to plants or something. It typically looks like a jelly-like mass, but if you have what is most commonly called mystery snails you have Brigs that lay eggs out of the water. Can you post pix of the snail in question, especially some good shots of the spire (the swirly/pointy part of the shell)?

Edited by Lady_D

I still cant get a good shot of the babys.They blend in with the gravel.There was driftwood,plants,and some decor in vera and armanis tank when i found the babys.As i said Hiromi is my only snail.She is a girl.She's a gold mystery.I'm not quite sure whats going on.Not too much exp. with snails.