nickie73

Should I Do A Wc Today?

Yesterday, my water params were:

Ph: 7.7

Ammonia: Below .25

Nitrite: Below .25

Kh: 89.5

Salt: .1%

I did not do a wc yesterday, but added a double-dose of Prime.

Today, my params are:

Ph: 7.8

Ammonia: .25

Nitrite: Right at .25 (may be a tad shade lighter than .25, but close to it)

Kh: 89.5

Salt: .1%

Should I do a wc today at all, or just add more Prime? Please someone let me know! Thanks!!!

Hi Nickie :hi

Thinking this out mathematically, (which is unusual for me - My brain and math are like oil and water!) if you had less than .25 a & n yesterday - and exactly .25 a & n today with no w/c, then they grow at about .125 per day? That could - with another day of no w/c bring them to .375 - still under .5

But fish don't do math - so they may not go along with that plan. :rolleyes:

If you doubled with prime, why not wait and test later and see how it goes? Just my opinion though.. see what everyone else says. :exactly

Debbie :heart

The thing is, the Prime is gonna wear off in about an hour or so. It is only effective for 24 hrs. Should I go ahead and put some Prime in there now? If so, how much? Thanks, Deb!

I have never used Prime, so I can't say for sure what's best there.

I would think it was okay - since you used it when you did water changes each day previously, right? Maybe you should wait for a more experienced Prime user. :unsure: I don't want to give you bad advice with something so important.

Deb

I haven't checked them in two days. However, I have 5.0 nitrates out of my tap water and that was where they were at on Wednesday.

Guest ed42d

How's your fish doing?

When I was cycling my tank, I tried to keep the nitrites at .25, but that was a fishless cycle. I think you want some nitrites to feed the bugs that create nitrates. I'm sure you'll get better advice soon. Good luck!

My fish are doing good. No signs of stress yet. I have the tank salted at .1% right now and have had it that way since Wednesday when I did my last wc.

I went ahead and added one dose of Prime as no one else has answered yet. :rolleyes:

I went ahead and added one dose of Prime as no one else has answered yet. :rolleyes:

I wasn't ignoring you. I never used the stuff so I figured I let someone who has used it answer your question. :D

I wasn't ignoring you. I never used the stuff so I figured I let someone who has used it answer your question. :D

No, Fumi, you never ignore me! :) I wasn't referring to you.