Fish Tank Sink

xemptybrkneyesx

tsk tsk tsk.... Nice idea, but not good at all. That pic reminds of the toilet fish tank, where the fish were housed in a section of the toilet's tank (separate from the actual toilet water, of course).

Fish should be kept in aquariums, not toilet tanks or under sinks or in tubes around the ceiling or in see through statures or anything else so-called "whimsical" like that.

yeah i agree guys.

geeze, the ideas people come up with desturb me sometimes.

another thing too as to why i don't think the fish would live long at all in anything like the sink; the constantly changing temperatures, like when someone runs hot water and then cold and then hot, would shock them constantly.

Edited by xemptybrkneyesx

That just doesn't look safe.How exactly would you even feed the poor little guys?Prolly sump filter.You wouldn't be able to use a regular filter with something like that.It may have a temp regulator if this was fully thought thru.Too many fish in there for sure.That "tank" has to be 10g max.

• 3 weeks later...

At least the "Fish 'n Flush" seems to have a passable tank for a few small fish. But the idea of fish swimming around behind me whenever I use the bathroom is rather disturbing. :blink: The sink is just plain cruel.

• 10 months later...

I didn't see that much wrong with it. Did you watch the video and see how it works? It's quite an illusion. The filter, aeriation, clean water is all there. For teeny fish, though. But I wouldn't want to spend all day in the bathroom.

Check out the video; you may feel better about it. :devilangel

Edited by chichidongo

I agree,no one should even think about either one of these.

Help me out here; what's the problem? Little tetras in a plastic container that gives the illusion it's a toilet bowl, but it's a plastic container with filter, airstone, an open back, and clean water. It's not the place for gf, but for teeny fish, why not? It look like maybe 20 gallons or so.

tetras are a tropical fish....they need a heater. Unless this toilet has a heater in it..which by the way (one in the seat wouldn't be a bad idea especially in the winter), It's a bad idea with the cold water sitting behind the tank in the toilet tank and such. I just don't see it being a good idea in the first place. 1. for the fishes health ie. Small spaces. Plus what happens when you go to clean your toilet....there is just too many bad chemicals that could fall in or the overpray could cause the fish to get sick and die. Just not a good idea

This is the epitome of the "it's not really a living creature, it's a moving ornament" mentality that I deal with on a daily basis with customers who want to keep fish in ridiculous objects or sub-par conditions. That is the most appaling thing I have ever seen. Who actually got the funding to build such a thing?! Seriously! And how much pot did they smoke to come up with an idea like that?!

"Dude, you know what would be awesome? If you could take a dump and, like, there would be FISH behind you" *insert moronic Beevis and Butthead chortling* Good god. Somebody out there needs a life badly.

WHO needs fish in their bathroom appliances!? What's next, Goldfish ovens? Chest freezers with neon tetra slab tops? Laz-Y-Boys with bonus coral reef armrests?? And think about this for a moment, if you will - the only reason that this was even created is because they are fish. What if this person was promoting something equally monstrous - like a television set surrounded by birds, or a bed frame complete with puppies. We would alternately laugh our butts off and threaten them with physical harm. But because it's fish, it's cool, and edgy, and oh so pretty! Humans are beyond stupid sometimes.

Not only is it a waste of time and misdirected creative energy, as well as being iffy at best for the welfare of the fish, but can you imagine how much of a pain it would be to clean it?? And what if someone didn't do the proper maintenance on it - a sink/toilet full of rotting fish and algae. Mmm. My favourite decor style.

I hate people. So much.

This is the epitome of the "it's not really a living creature, it's a moving ornament" mentality that I deal with on a daily basis

Ah, I get it now! Thanks so much for helping me understand your points of view. I'll relate this to art, which I'm exceptionally fond of: there's the Mona Lisa which is the loveliest smile on planet earth. As a painter, I respect & adore it as a painting. Then someone puts in on the side of a cup; or morphs the image into something else, which completely disrespects and dishonors the painting.

The lightbulb goes on!

Have you guys thought of contacting the makers? That way, you could help re-educate folks?

LOL, whooa, it is! I didn't even notice that! Eek, my bad.

LOL I didn't see that either. Hopefully, the company owner went out of business because of the bad idea. ("yeah! serves you right for being such a doofis!) :bounce