Sign in to follow this  
nickie73

I've Got Nitrites!

The "cycle" is still there in the tank. My water params today are:

Ammonia: Between 0 and .25; closer to 0

Nitrite: Between 0 and .25

Nitrate: 5.0

Ph: a STRONG 7.6

KH: Still at 89.5, has not gotten any higher in the last few days.

I am not doing a wc today, but I did add a double-dose of Prime to the tank. I also wanted to ask this:

I am still feeding my fish twice a day as I normally do. Should I only feed once a day until the cycle completes? What do you all think?

Ph: a STRONG 7.6

Are you using the HIGH PH tester now? That's the only one I use, cuz I keep my PH above 7.6.

No, I guess I need to do that as I really think it is higher than 7.6. I will do that now.

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! I have NITRITES!!!!!!! WOOT! Omg! :krazy::blink::o Okay, okay...

Nickie I want to see you win big money on a game show on TV. I can't even imagine how hysterical and excited you would be!!!! LOL!!

:rofl

Okay, my PH is closest to 7.8 on the high rang PH test. Prolly 7.7.

Nickie your excitment is contagious. Makes me wanna go test my gf tank water.....just because!

Congrats on finally getting that cycle. :bingo:

Thanks Hon! I have to tell ya, I thought that I was just gonna be one of those freaks of nature that could never get a tank to cycle no matter what I did!!! I mean, it has been set up since Oct. and I have been doing almost daily wcs since then! I just wish I had gotten the coral and my KH problem corrected sooner, but hey, you live and learn!!! :rolleyes:

Pretty soon you're going to be complaining of high nitrites, and wondering why they won't go away. :rofl3

Am I qualified to say that? ;)

Well, seeing as how we both are so inexperienced, I really don't know what is going to happen with my cycle next!!! :blink: Maybe the fish will start talking to me and they will tell me what to expect! Yeah!!! :rofl After all, they are prolly experts. I certainly am not! :exactly