Im Going To Save The World

ShariLynn757

Shari, you can run the medigold with the salt and after the medigold course start the p/c As Pix says. Good luck :heart

Edited by Trinket

thanks guys

after talking with a friendand doing a little more research, i have realized that i have set my QT up wrong. My QT isnt cycled, so im going to have her take my babies for a few weeks (thanks Olivia) , and once the tanks are cycled i'll have them back. I really didnt realize taking such a hurt fish would be so serious. I was thinking (stupid on my part) some clean water, salt and a little TLC will help out Kingyo. So, once my tanks have finished thier cycling, they will be back at home.

Thanks again for all the knowledge you guys have shared. This task just isnt for me at the moment.

Shari,

I must say that I admire you're coming on here and "admitting" to everyone that you weren't quite ready for rescues. (admitting is a strong word - but the one I'm looking for must be hiding behind some fluff ;) )

I have never rescued fish, but it does seem like a tremendous task. I'm sure when your tank is cycled and ready them, you will be more knowledgeable in their care. :exactly

Best of luck!

Debbie

yeah we are meeting today at a LFS, and she's gonna work her magic. I know they will be in good hands with her. Im also gonna rack her brain for some better products i can put in my tank.

Thanks again to this site, i;ve made lots of new friends, and learned A WHOLE LOT of information! I cant say thank you enough to this site!

Hey Shari I just wanted to let you know your little ones have settled well and are bouncing all over the QT tank. I did the tests for you and your params are looking rough. Ammo is at 1.0, Nitrites are at 1.0, Nitrates are 0, and ph is at 6.4. I also did a scrape 'n scope they've got gill flukes so you need to treat the your tanks for that. I didn't find anything else on them than that.

Edited by RYUU

Im so glad they got "home" safe! I bet they are soooo glad to be there! Thanks again for taking them for a while.....

um thats really odd that the readings came out like that olivia....my 55gal tank readings are amm .5, nitrites .5 and nitrates about .5 and well the 16 gal, im not even going to post that one. Do you think maybe my test kits are wrong...i follow all the directions.

Shari Lynn there is a thread called Aquarium Enemy #1 about how to use Prazi to treat for gill flukes started by JOH. I don't know how to post the link, but its a recent thread and very interesting. :)

Wow, I like to NEVER found it but here it is:http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66773&hl=

If the link doesn't work, its in Goldfish Discussions. Hope this helps out!

Edited by vickielm

Shari, I think it would be best to treat the other fish - with the bad eye but otherwise seems fine- with prazi straight. Have you gone ahead with P/C tabs already? As Ryuu says, if the 2 fish that she has kindly taken, have flukes you will need to treat them all for flukes.

Prazi will only kill flukes. It's a fluke treatment. P/C tabs do contain prazi yes but they also contain antibiotics and dimilin (for anchor worm and lice) and acriflavin (a disinfectant type treatment). This combined medication makes it a little harsher on fish and filter than the regular QT treatment of 0.3% salt for most parasites and straight prazi like prazi pro etc for the flukes. However if you have started with the P/C you should finish the course.

well, Oliva has my fish at the moment, and she reported they are doing great. My tanks are empty at the moment, finishing the cycles, so im not worried too much about "being too harsh on fish" (LoL the nitrites right now are sitting at 1, and im not freaking out LOL, going to do a WC tomorrow).

I added the P/C to both tanks, and within a few moments, this lime green stuff starter to float in my tank, is that normal? Im really hoping these things dont mess up my cycle.

My ammonia is starting to go down in both tanks, does that mean the cycle has started, or just showing that i have no fish poo in there?

I guess this topic and be moved, if a mod doesnt mind, maybe to the water quilty section?!? Thanks

Hey Shari I just wanted to give you a quick update on your babies while I had a minuet. Both are eating well and acting normal. The open sore on Kingyo is no longer raw and red looking and is showing signs that's beginning to heal. It'll be some time before it closes up real good and he'll probably never have scales over that patch. Their respiration has also improved and their not breathing super fast like they were. I'll try to post some pics later this after noon for ya. I know you're probably missing them like crazy.

YES!!! I miss them so much! I was in a routine in the morning....lights on...water check....feeding time....now my morning coffee time is....boring...kinda stinks watching the bubbles move around in tank...

Thanks for the pics! I did get them. Kingyo looks amazing!!! and little Wink looks very bright!

Thinking.....after all this boredom with no fish in the tank....now might be a good time to quart. some new plants! Any suggestions? I know you showed me some good ones at the AJ the other day....i might run up there this weekend and pick some up....

Gotta get this tank just right for when they are ready to come home!

ok guys, tank is still in cycle...olivia has reported that fish are doing GREAT!!!! But i have a question

I am treating my tank (no fish) for flukes with parasite clear, and im on my second dose...how ever, there is this bright green stuff that floats in the tank while the tabs are dissolving...what the heck is that stuff...is it part of the meds? or is it something else?

Does it look solid, Shary, or more cloud like? Does it fall apart when you try to grab it with your fingers? Did that stuff come off of the dissolving tablets? :unsure:

you know....i really dont remember...i didnt touch it...didnt know what it was...thinking maybe it came from the tablets...~shrugs~ i did the does twice, a few weeks ago...

on the brighter side of things..my 55gallon is cycled...and Olivia has been giving me daily updates on my little guys...and they are doing GREAT!!! She has a few pics posted on another thread!!!

...thanks for the help and support everyone!