Tank Still Cycling

ok last storm no power outages last night it got up to 9 poured like a siv w/thunder lighting NOW theres another storm arriving tonight and bringing with it is freezing rain all night all tomorrow..I myself love this weather but I worry about my fish. last year ( I had no fish)we were out for almost 3 days!!!! grrrrrrr..I'm hopping to see the end of this cycle soon any advice on exactly what to do incase of a PO I have my daughters battery operated air pump from her "pony club camp set" shimmied up and ready to go and I was thinking of doing a huge water change but only leaving the tank have full give or take to make constant water changes easy let me know if thats a bad idea :(

Another safety to have around with fish would be a marine/rv battery hooked up to an inverter. It would run pumps and filters for quite awhile. Not a heater however. Generators of course are always nice too!

Fill up some buckets of water for both you and the fish. I would keep the tank full. Do water changes and use the tank water for flushing if needed. Do what changes you can, but if you can't do them make sure you have ammonia binder on hand to use. Sometimes things happen with power outtages and we just have to deal with them the best we can.

• Admin

Always good idea if a storm is coming like others said keep jars or buckets of water handy so you can do water changes, if the tank isnt crowded then they can go with out a water change for 2 days with out power. Just make sure when the power comes on to clean out the bottom of the filters or that gunk will cause an issue :(

thanks koko im also gonna drop carb sacs into the water if needed(does that help?) and I have another tank set up if I need to devide the fish ( I have my kids fish right now there very small) but if only needed ,as of right now I still have hydro but Im on borrowed time the ice is getting thicker and thicker andthe hydro is going out all over town thanks so much again :)