Sign in to follow this  
endangeredlovex0x

Anyone Know A Good Food To Increase The Intensity Of Blue Coloration?

My dear Charlamagne is sorta bluish/tanish color (see signature)

are there any foods that will help to intensify his hue?

---->i'm feeding Hikari Lionhead, algea wafers, tubiflex, peas, cucumber, spinach, carrots.....

to bring a fish to it's fullest potential it needs good water and good food..you seem to have both. I think what you have is what you got. I like him as he is!

I think lighting and genetics play a bigger over-all role in coloration.
to bring a fish to it's fullest potential it needs good water and good food..you seem to have both. I think what you have is what you got. I like him as he is!

^^

thanks guys.

he's got good lighting, and food, and water.

so i guess i'll just have to see where that gets me...

i don't know what i was thinking when i asked this o.0?

i thought that maybe there was as food to enhance blue

(just like there are foods to enhance reds)

but the more i think about it the less sence it makes.

lol.

:P

On my bag of Hikari Oranda pellets, it says that there are color enhancers in the formula. I can't say if that's just a marketing technique or what, but I sure am happy with the color on my fishies. :heart

On my bag of Hikari Oranda pellets, it says that there are color enhancers in the formula. I can't say if that's just a marketing technique or what, but I sure am happy with the color on my fishies. :heart

It really only brings out the oranges and reds, a color none of us seem to have trouble keeping. :rofl

I've made sure that my black demekin gets a lot of sunlight because I heard this can help them keep their dark color. It may just be my imagination, but since I've increased the amount of light reaching the tank it seems like he's stopped showing as much silver/bronze coloration and is very black again.

I've made sure that my black demekin gets a lot of sunlight because I heard this can help them keep their dark color. It may just be my imagination, but since I've increased the amount of light reaching the tank it seems like he's stopped showing as much silver/bronze coloration and is very black again.

i've got two flourescent aquarium bulbs....

...maybe i'll move the location of the tank so it gets more sunlight?

I'd love to eventually put the goldies outside (but i'm in a pretty swampy area so i'm a bit skeptical- with all the indiginous birds and whatnot)

^^;

You need to watch out for temperature, of course, if you decide to move your tank. As long as your bulbs are 2-3 watts per gallon, and of the "full spectrum" variety (I prefer 10,000K), you're going to do a great job with replecating natural sunlight. Nothing is better than the real thing, of course..but I think when people say a goldie needs natural sunlight to retain dark colors, they are thinking pond situation, not windows.

Nothing is better than the real thing, of course..but I think when people say a goldie needs natural sunlight to retain dark colors, they are thinking pond situation, not windows.

i guess Charles will have to live with the 'simulation'

untill i can formulate a predator-proof barrel pond situation.

xP

oh well.

i kinda like him in his indigo shading anywho :]

thanks for all the help you guys.

<333