New Ramshorn Snail

CometSue

So yesterday after whining about it for 2 weeks at a local fish store,they finally got an order of snails.The little brown ramshorn just kind of won my heart.It so cute.I'll post some pics of it with mildred rihoko and duy tommorow.It really is a cutie.I think it deserves a name.I guess i'll work on that.lol

Uh oh...first the fish now the snails.I think i may be in trouble.I'm sure one day the aspca will come and accuse me of fish and snail hording.LOL.Imagine this all started with a 50 gallon tank with 2 comets in in.What have i become?lol.jk.I know whatcha mean i'm already looking at some blue apple snails....... :blink:

Ohyeah snails are beyond addictive....there are some here that now breed them. I started out with two, now I have 11 (huge) babies and their momma. Had to go out and buy a new tank for them. And I still want more! :heart

Theyre just so cute and interesting.(i'm sure i'd get quite the look saying that anywhere else)lol.I couldnt get a good pic of my ramshorn(he hides alot) but i did get a pretty ok pic of the gold mystery snail i got today.

eee.jpg

sue007.jpg

sue008.jpg

The gold mystery has been affectionatly named Hiromi,and the ramshorn Yasu.

After i took these ,Hiromi really showed it's personality.And just as i was about to snap this awsome pic of it eating algea off the glass(really cool i could see its mouth)My camera went dead.Guess thats how it goes.

Theyre just so cute and interesting.(i'm sure i'd get quite the look saying that anywhere else)lol.

:rofl Isn't that the truth! I love the looks on peoples' faces when I tell them I have PET snails. Hilarious!! But they really are fascinating creatures.

LOL.I'm sure.When i went to go get hiromi(the gold mystery)I was going to get a different one that was white in color(very pretty) But when i looked at it more closley it had horrible calcium issues.But when she pulled hiromi out(wish you could have seen her face) She said is this one ok?My answer?Oh yeah look at that one it's beautiful! She looked at me like i was insane.

I love the looks on peoples' faces when I tell them I have PET snails. Hilarious!! But they really are fascinating creatures.
:rofl

I have a 5 gallon tank with my snail Gary running in the same room as my 30 gal goldie tank. People always love watching the goldies then notice Gary's tank and as what's in there. When they see or I tell them I always get the same look.... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
I love the looks on peoples' faces when I tell them I have PET snails. Hilarious!! But they really are fascinating creatures.
:rofl

I have a 5 gallon tank with my snail Gary running in the same room as my 30 gal goldie tank. People always love watching the goldies then notice Gary's tank and as what's in there. When they see or I tell them I always get the same look.... :unsure:

Snails are actually quite cute,and have pretty good personality.More people should really give them a chance.They remind me of cats for some reason.lol

Archived