How Do Ur Other Pets React To The Fish?

Shamu23

How do ur guyses pets react to the fish? My dog has never been near them, my cat isnt allowed downstairs but sometimes she sneaks down and sits infront of the fishtank watching them and my hamster is afraid of the goldfish lol.

Only one of my cats comes inside as the other one is too afraid to come in (LOL). My cat, Maggie, doesn't pay any attention to the fish at all. She totally ignores them. However, she is an old cat. I imagine if she was younger and had more energy, she might like to watch them.

My cats ignore them. They do like the smell of the fish water though, and one of them has a hankerin' for progold pellets. I have to be careful not to leave it out. They are fat lazy and old. They don't get excited about anything other than dinner. :D

the only pet i have which pays attention is my second dog Holly she sits on my bed looking at them wagging her tail lol, the others do not pay any attention

Guest Chicklette

My parrot, Pickles likes to watch them and if he is on my hand and I show him the fish he will sit there and peck at the glass. It?s really funny, it?s like he is trying to catch them.

I have two Jack Russell?s, Rocky will just sit and watch them and my other dog Jack is the nutty one, she barks and tries to attack them.

I also have eight chinchillas and some will just watch them if I?m holding them, some will try to eat the glass. My one chinchilla, Peeps tries so hard to get closer it?s a hoot. You can see her head moving as she is watching them.

Edited by Chicklette

Guest SpicyNoodle

My old tank didn't have a hood and I cought my cat with her paw in the tank, it was a bit of a close call. I sometimes find my cats watching them as if their plotting something. I found one of my cats alseep on top of the tank, it was nice and warm and she enjoyed it. My dog just glances at them every once in a while and wags her tail, she would eat them if she could though lol...

I really dont know how our dogs would react. One dog is so deathly afraid of me for some reason so he never comes in my room, and the fat dog isnt allowed in here because the last time she was she got the runs all over my stereo reciver and just about all over every where else.

My daughter's kitten is VERY jealous of my goldfish, Dot! Whenever I talk to Dot, Cammie (the kitten) will come over and start rubbing my legs and putting her paws up on me to pick her up. She will watch Dot swimming once in a while, but I believe she thinks of her as an attention stealer. :D

Debbie

None of my other pets pay attention to the fish. When we want to occupy our psycho kitten for a few minutes we'll make a big fuss over the fish and plop her down on top of the tank...but other than that she ignores them because she prefers my gerbils. My dogs couldn't care less. Heres the kitten on the tank....its an old pic, she's all grown up now.

100_4386.jpg

my cat likes to sit on top of my tank staring at the fish, but once i come near her she associates the sound of the water splashing from the filter as time for a bath so she runs lol.

my sister's cat, however, likes to swat at the side of the tank and get on top, he'd probably scoop one up and swollow it whole if the lids were open...

and my rats, well, they can't see them, but i do think the sound of the filter relaxes them. i don't think i'll ever chance putting them near the tank though, they tend to like to eat my other pets. once i woke up and they had gotten out, i found my hermet crab's shell and claw, all that was left of them after they were made a snack =[

My bird loves to watch my fish! I brought him right up close to it and he reached out with his beak and tried to pick them up through the glass! :rofl

Needless to say, I had to clean all his peanut buttery tounge prints off my tank!!

Guest animalluver897

I have two little parakeets (Cheepy and Olive) whom I love very much, along with my two fish. I have tried to introduce them to one another, but both my birds refuse to get near the fishtank. The record for the closest they got before flying away is approximately 10 feet. I'm really not sure if those two are parakeets... or chickens :D

Rocky, my cat, could care less. But he's 6 years old and fat and lazy, lol. If I hold him up to the tank to see the fish, he'll bat at them and watch them, but other than that it would be too much effort for him to go after them. He lays on the couch right next to the big tank and never looks at them one way or the other.

Guest MommySam0618

My cats love sitting on the arm of the couch and watching them. They have never attempted to get on top of the aquarium or anything like that. They just like to watch.