Any Ideas?

TheFishMan

Alright, this is just an idea, but recently their has been a few aderts for tanks in the local paper, and I was wondering about eeping saltwater fish, NOT TROPICAL, saltwater fish which dont naturaly lie in warm water, and if they are particalarly hard to look after?

I was looking for fish that are some or all of the following

- Brightly Coloured

- Dont need too much space

- Can be fed relativly easy

Any ideas?

Sweet heart, saltwater fish are very complicated to care for. You practically have to be a chemistry major to do it right. Not to mention most species are horribly expensive. Most of your salt water fish are as tropical as it gets since alot of them come from coral reefs around the equator. The water their stays warm all year round. Many of them also have dietary needs that are complicated to meet and some crazy light requirements. You should really do A TON more homework on this if you really want to keep a salty tank. These are living things that depend entirely on you for their quality of life. That's a very big responsibility to have and should never be taken lightly.

Sorry, Fishman, don't mean to hijack here, but I have a question:

Is SW the same as those aquariums that have the pretty corals growing in them? I would like to do a small aquarium with some corals. Jrtist was telling me that it was okay to start off with a small tank, like a Nanocube to do this. Am I thinking of the same thing here?

• Admin

yes that is a SW tank, Nano cubes are good if you dont want a big tank, but they are more work since there is less water in it and to keep the salinity at the right spot can be hard in smaller tanks. I started w one my self, but there are some inverts that are easy to keep in a tank like that. Mushrooms, open brains, feather dusters..... :D

Well, this is something that I may look into WAYYYYY down the road. LOL! There are some other things I want to do first as far as gf are concerned; but they sure are beautiful!!!!

Hey, KoKo!!!! We moved in the #8 spot on Aqua Rank! WOOT!!!!

i was thinking about starting up a saltwater tank, but i just don't have the patience for it.

If you are really interested and have studied up on the subject, like reefman said, it's doable.

oh and reefman, i was looking at the marine photos and your tanks are gorgeous. i didn't want to reply to the topic because it was slightly outdated, but i still wanted to compliment you =]