Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Can A Telescope Pop An Eye?

I bought a little Calico Telescope right before Christmas. I did not notice anything strange about her eyes when I bought her, which means they were both the same size. I think I bought her the 24th.

On the 26th or 27th I noticed that one of her eyes was waaaaay bigger than the other. The right eye was almost non telecopic looking. I thought maybe she had banged her left eye, causing it to swell. I could not remember how big her eyes were to begin with.

So I've been waiting for the swelling to go down with no luck......her eyes are still teh same, one huge and one tiny. I *thought* the tiny one was starting to look bigger, but I have a wild imagination so who knows.

But then just a few minutes ago, I found a picture, which is dated the 24th, it's blurry, I think I actually posted it on the picture forum when I got her, anyway her eyes were both the same size, the BIG size. What happened to make an eye smaller. I thought only bubble eyes *popped*.

She looks ok and has been swimming and eating and pooping fine, so I have not done anything for her eye, other than keep an eye on the water parameters.

Any idea's on what happened. (Why an eye shrunk?) I mean the injury was obviously from trauma, but wouldn't the usual be for an eye to swell, not get smaller? It's not he actual *eye* it's the telescope part.

Jessica

Guest Moongoldy7568

she probably banged or injured it. jut treat with melafix for a week with aquariam salt/or epsion salt and she should be ok after that.......

Thank you for your reply. I'm just treating it with good water quality.

But why would it "shrink"?

Jessica

Guest Moongoldy7568

yes they both should go down. but in some cases they can go blind. but thats bad cases. Right now as you know i am treating mine with melafix because my stupid incadent with a syphen.. <_<