New Job!

claire_uk

I start a new job on Monday, I cant wait. I havent worked since end of June last year and it has been soooo annoying. I will be working in a local fashion store called Outfit, so get to work with lots of different brands. I love working in retail, and there will be chances for me to work my way up. It is a start. Its a 20 hour contract, but the interviewer said that there will be lots of chances for extra hours, which suits me!

I am working 11-6 on Monday for induction, health and safety, and training etc. Should be fun, I have visited the store a few times over the past months to ask questions about another job I applied for, so I know the manager now, and they all seem nice.

:nana:rockon:bounce:panana Iam so excited, I have been wanting a job for a long time and I am so bored at home, I have worked since I was 14, so not working has been annoying me!!.

I remember how frustrated you have been recently - so I truly hope that this is a job that will give you pleasure and a chance at what you envision in the future!

Best of Luck!!!

:)

Thanks guys, yes frustrated is one word! I enjoy working in a customer focussed environment, and enjoyed working in retail in my last job, even if it was stressful at times. But I can focus just on my job now, instead of uni work as well. I am going to set myself goals of where I want to be. At least now I can earn money again, and start saving for my holiday in July! It has been a worry.

That's great news Claire. I hope you are in with a good team of people -knowing and liking the manager is a good start. Keep us posted and good luck :)

Hi all, My first day was good, bit quiet in store, but thats coz it is monday and after xmas!!

Everyone was nice, and there was a girl there who was on my course at uni! I havent been assigned a brand yet as there is a bi shake up going on. I have a training file, once a complete stage one standard i get a bonus, then again for stages 2-3. Bad thing is I wont get paid for 7 weeks, so I am going to my job centre tomo to see if there is anything they can do.

I had a good day working with different people, helped out a difficult customer and the assistant store manager said I managed very well as she is known to the store. I am back in on wednesday at 7.30am, nice early start!! feet hurt now as not used to standing all day, but i am sure i will get back in to it.

• 2 weeks later...

yer its going ok, bit quiet though, people waiting to get paid!! and it is a quiet retail park. I have still been putting my CV out there, and have been netowrking with some top people! So who knows. Its just money at the moment, have a holiday to save for.

I am working with one brand for now, but it is like running your own shop!

Archived