Dominick And Vincent

daryl

These are two red/white male Shorttail Ryukins. They are about 6 inches in body. Nice bodies and humps. I am pleased with them. :)

Those two are georgous, Daryl! :heart Are you sure they are two males, now? :D When was the last time you took care of a thousand fry? :thud

Dominick is definately showing breeding stars. Vincent..... well, I am about 99% sure on him. That would be something, though, wouldn't it.....

Let me go get a picture of the females I have, though......

I think I found your two - tank 68! Boy, you had a tough time picking fish, there were some wonderful ones on the tape this time!

There was a whole of a lot more I found on that DVD - why, Ken just can ship me a whole load of crowned pearlies. Some of them are just downright drop dead georgous! :heart I might however give him a call about one of his black orandas.

I am in love with all the gorgeous Orandas. There are so many littler ones to grow out and all.....

But I promised myself that I am going to start specializing - to a degree. Ryukin and Ranchu and Lionhead and Phoenix .... oh - and Bristols and.....

:rolleyes:

It is hard. I wish I had a 100 tanks.......

But what it comes down to is that I love the challange of a RAnchu/Lionhead, the beauty and rareness of the Phoenix, and the facination of the Bristols. But in all truth - a GOLDFISH is a Ryukin. For some reason that is still my first love.

Yeah, isn't it funny that even though we branch out into more and more breeds over time, that we'll always come back to one particular breed that we originally fell in love with? I have all those "favorites" myself, mostly veiltails, bristols, ryukin and pearlies, but every time I see orandas swimming around, every other fish somehow fades. Of course, most pet store quality stinks these days, especially with the longer body form on an oranda, so I am especially excited to see the deep bodies back that Ken has. Of course, hubby got a very excited face once he saw the redcaps, his favorite.

Those are a cute pair. Do you mind telling us where you got them? I'm sure they can't be from a local Chicago petstore because I've been looking!

Those are a beautiful pair of ryukins! They're so muscular (can you call a fish muscular?) Gosh, I wish I could get my hands on another deep bodied oranda, I lucked into one at my local LFS but the guy I used to talk into ordering good goldies has left

Ken - of Dandy Orandas is where I got these. He has loads more - of all sizes and colors. It was hard selecting.......

Archived